Sv: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] Analysis - Help!

From: <eivind.borgeteien_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 7:54:54 +0200

-------> I would object, very strongly. The 25 increments provides a much more correct cost for the units. It also provides a more even game when the pointvalue of the armies only varies +/- 25

> 1) Ork stuff is just plain wacky - I'm doing a WAG on the funky weapons
> and comparing their effects to more conventional weapons. Any suggestions
> on how to handle this?

--------> You will no doubt run into this problem a few times in your project. It is a great deal of varieties in netepic, many which are hard to comprehend into a formula. I read an interview with Jervis Johnson (I think)The diversity of Space Marines (netepic) made it hard to give proper costs on the units. GW solved this by streamlining the stats and released Epic 40K.

An other sollution might be to let a formula calculate the easy parts of the stats like save, move and so on. Then give the units some additional points based on your gaming groups experience, and then playtest a lot. This is how we did the Slann.

Eivind