RE: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] Analysis - Help!

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 08:44:56 +0300

What's a WAG?

> 2) I want to be sure to take a look at the known broken, um...
> "controversial" units. The WR Host is one that's come up - others?

I seem to recall that Rough Rider company was mentioned in the past as too cheap. The problem is that to get somewhat reliable info every single unit should be checked with the cost formula. Any volunteers?

> 3) Only 15 of the 174 units have costs rounded to the nearest 25. Who
> would object to eliminating this, and how strongly? Why?
>
> 4) I've noticed a few differences between the origional
> Space Marine /
> Renegades / etc army cards, and the current NetEpic costs. I
> assume these
> were argued over - do I want to touch that?

Yep, these were changed in the distant past as well as some unit stats. Even the "old" units in Net Epic are not necessarily like their SM counterparts.

> 5) I've received one (1) feedback from when I asked for input on this
> project (Thanks Peter!). Unless you give me your opinion on what's
> important (CAF vs. armor vs. movement, for example), your
> disagreement with
> the results will be duly ignored. Thank you.

The problem is that I'm not a mathematician and hence lack the expertise and skills required for mathematical analysis. I think most of the listmembers have this little inconvenience in the way :)

> Finally, I'll be covering six armies - four Imperial (PDF,
> IG, SM, TL),
> Eldar & Ork - so if the appropriate project leaders could
> please keep an
> eye out for my proposal, I'd appreciate it.

Sure, and if I can help in any non-mathematical way just drop me a line.

> Who're the Eldar
> & Ork leaders,
> anyway?
> -Yar

The Eldar one should be pretty obvious by now ;) Farseer L. Canapicchi. I have no idea who's bossing the current WAAAGH! around.

Jyrki Saari

-There is no such thing as free lunch because eating takes time and time is money.