RE: Re[2]: Sv: Re: [NetEpic ML] Core rules polls:Optional

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 08:19:44 -0400

Hi!

-----Original Message-----
From: darius spano [mailto:dmanspano_at_...]
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2002 7:19 AM
To: netepic_at_yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Sv: Re: [NetEpic ML] Core rules polls:Optional

Sorry to take so long to respond the massive emails
this list is generating puts me days behind.

I understand the reroll for elites (don't like it)
but... Is this going to raise their points cost?

--->Depends, if you don't use it, use the points costs as they stand. If
you do, once Jar is done, use those.

To the 2nd answer, I was using Assault Marines for my
example, movement based on the new embark/disembark
rule. But seeing your explanation it would mean 2
assault stands charging out of a charging rhino would
lose 10cm from rhino(5 for each stand) and 5cm from
the troops themselves for 15cm movement loss. So
assault could charge up to 65cm and Tactical marines
could charge up to 55cm. That's 15-20cm more than
before. Of course this would apply to orks who would
be penalized because of 3 stands per transport even
though getting in and out of battlewagons is a matter
of jumping on/off.
Don't like this one either. Too many problems already.

I think there is a misunderstanding on that one. The 5cm is a flat rate
for all units that disembark, so in the case of the rhino it's only 5cm
lost for BOTH rhino and assault troops. So the loss is just ONCE per
model involved. Each transportee losses 5cm and the transport 5cm
regardless how many jump out.

Note this affects different transports in different ways. For a rhino,
its not a great burden, after all its supposed to be a fast deployment
vehicle. In case of the leviathan though it wastes 50% of its movements
because it starts with a move of 10cm.

Peter