RE: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] Imperial revision: marines part III [long]

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 08:14:09 -0400

Hi!

-----Original Message-----
From: jyrki.saari_at_... [mailto:jyrki.saari@...]
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2002 4:17 AM
To: netepic_at_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] Imperial revision: marines part III [long]

Since next to nobody has commented on the previous post I take it
there's nothing wrong with the suggestions. I'll create a couple of
polls and we'll move along. I'm trying a new format, which is meant for
the emails only; the book format will not be changed at least by me.

-> I'd really like to see the marine bike entry here. And I'd like to
see the CAF of the IG bike dropped at least by one. It has always
bothered me why IG with average CAF of 0 suddenly are as good in CC as
assault marines when they get to drive a motorcycle.

--->I think this is reasonable, they are cheaper than SM counterparts
and do the same with the only difference of the morale which is net epic
isn't that great of a boon anyway.

Bike Squads
Marines and Imperials sometimes enter battle mounted on motorcycles
armed with bolters. This augments their close combat skills as well as
maneuverability. They count as vehicles for terrain restrictions but
feature greater speed than regular vehicles in some types of terrain
(see terrain chart). Both Space Marine and Imperial Guard armies use
bikes.
Models: Biker models on the GW Space Marine sprue, 2-3 to a stand.

Move: 30 cm
Save: 6+
CAF: +3
Weapons: Heavy Bolters
Range: 15cm
Att. D: 1
To Hit: 6+
TSM: 0
Notes:

-> No change

Attack Bikes
These are larger bikes with a sidecar armed with heavy bolters. They
count as vehicles for terrain restrictions but feature greater speed
than regular vehicles in some types of terrain (see terrain chart).
Space Marines may only use them.
Models: GW's metal Attack Bike models (bikes with armed sidecars).

Move: 30 cm
Save: 6+
CAF: +3
Weapons: Heavy Bolters
Range: 25cm
Att. D: 2
To Hit: 5+
TSM: 0
Notes:

-> No change

Dreadnoughts
Through long millennia of their history, Space Marines developed many
types of the walking war machines to house the sarcophagi of their
ancient warriors who continue to serve their chapters in these metal
bodies of destruction. The most recent of these forms is the
well-armored sturdy looking Scatolo, which is capable of mounting a
variety of weapons. Its predecessor is the still widely used model of
the Punisher (this replaces the standard Dreadnought of previous NetEpic
versions). The still earlier designs are lighter, sleeker humanoid
units, based off the same general body from, with different load-out
variants. The Contemptor is a close assault unit, with quad bolters, the
Deredeo carries a missile launcher for general heavy weapon support, and
the Furibundus carries a lascannon for anti-vehicular work. Due to their
size Dreadnoughts count as walkers for terrain restrictions.
Models: The models that inspired the above types are the new metal
Dreadnought models of the GW for the Scatolo variants, older plastic
ones of the SM/TL range (unavailable now) for the Punisher, and the
metal models listed under own names in the GW UK catalog for Contemptor,
Deredeo, and Furibundus. However, feel free to use any suitable 1/300
model you have from GW and other ranges.

->When looking at the stats below (the Scatolo) I'd say that the only
thing these need is a more speedy way to get into combat. The solution
IMO is to allow the dreads use drop pods. The thought of a dreadnought
hanging onto a Rhino is just plain comical IMO.

---> Originally you could put those in rhinos, at least in RT days. I'll
let people decide there, but they should definitely get drop pods and
T-hawks.

Dreadnoughts

Scatolo (heavy)
Move: 10 cm
Save: 4+
CAF: +1
Weapons: Lascannons
Range: 75cm
Att. D: 2
To Hit: 5+
TSM: -2
Notes:

-> This kind of Dread can only have one twin-linked lascannon in 40k. I
suggest dropping one attack and adding a Storm Bolter for close defense.

---> Fine by me.

Scatolo (support)
Move: 10 cm
Save: 4+
CAF: +2
Weapons: Bolters / Barrage Missile
Range: 25cm/50cm
Att. D: 3/Template
To Hit: 5+/4BP
TSM: 0/-1
Notes:

Scatolo (assault)
Move: 10 cm
Save: 4+
CAF: +4
Weapons: Flamer
Range: Template
Att. D: Template
To Hit: 4+
TSM: 0
Notes: Ignores cover

Punisher
Move: 10 cm
Save: 4+
CAF: +3
Weapons: Assault cannon
Range: 50cm
Att. D: 1
To Hit: 5+
TSM: -2
Notes:

-> -2 save for an assault cannon??? Might I humbly suggest 3 attack dice
with 0 TSM

--->Sounds more appropriate at in accordance with weapon
standardization. An assault cannon is high volume low ppnetration.

Contemptor
Move: 15 cm
Save: 5+
CAF: +4
Weapons: Heavy Bolters
Range: 50cm
Att. D: 1
To Hit: 5+
TSM: 0
Notes:

Deredo
Move: 15 cm
Save: 5+
CAF: +2
Weapons: Missile Launcher
Range: 75cm
Att. D: 1
To Hit: 5+
TSM: -1
Notes:

Furibundus
Move: 15 cm
Save: 5+
CAF: +0
Weapons: Lascannon
Range: 75cm
Att. D: 1
To Hit: 5+
TSM: -2
Notes:

->Ahhh, Chuck, Eddy and Fury. Suddenly I feel a wave of nostalgia
overcoming me <sniff!> Does anybody actually use these?

--->I got some laying around, I guess I should get them out and base
them now....

Robots
->even if it is a bit redundant, I'd like to see this one here. In fact,
the Imperial Wargear section is IMO a bit confusing addition and I
suggest it is eliminated and the units added to the respective
armylists.

These represent mechanical battle machines that due to their nature
require some programming for them to carry out orders on the
battlefield. Instead of regular order counters they must be given a
program of what to do in the following situations:

If there are enemies within charge range
If there are enemies within weapon range
If there are enemies within sight
In any other situation

To make a program write down the above situations and select a command
which applies to that particular circumstance. The following commands
may be given:

Charge: Charge nearest enemy unit. They must enter close combat if
within charge range or otherwise move between normal and full charge
range towards the nearest enemy.
Capture: Advance towards the nearest objective counter. Can move between
half and full normal rate.
Advance: Advance towards the nearest enemy unit. They must move between
half and normal rate and fire at the nearest enemy unit in the Advance
Fire phase.
First Fire: Fire at the nearest enemy in the First Fire phase.
Ignore: Ignore the described situation.

Each orders phase consult the program (in the order written above) and
read down the list of situations and apply the first fulfilled condition
(meaning that if there is an enemy within charge reach this condition
takes precedence over the "enemy within range" condition). The first
condition fulfilled for the majority of the robot models in the
detachment is the one that should be applied (in case several conditions
apply to different models in the same detachment). Robots are immune to
morale checks of any type and firing restrictions imposed by Daemons and
Tyranids. Robots ignore the snap fire penalty.
Models: Plastic Robot models on the Old GW Space Marine or Imperial
Guard Sprues or any 6mm to10mm scale robot model.

->IMO "Ignore" is unclear. What does the robot do? Is it on no Orders?
(and if it is, what's the point of such a directive?) Also, "capture"
could be clarified a bit. CAN it move towards an objective or MUST it
move? If it must move, add the following: If the robot is within 5cm of
a objective counter it does not have to move any closer. Otherwise we'd
see nice bundles of robots on top of objectives...

--->I have always hated the robot orders, they are ambiguous and don't
cover most situations that may arise. The wording is terrible. Any
clarifications would be good.

Move: 10 cm
Save: 5+
CAF: +2
Weapons: Autocannon
Range: 75cm
Att. D: 1
To Hit: 5+
TSM: 0
Notes: Special Rules

-> No change

Land Raider
This is the main battle tank of the Space Marine army. Besides
anti-vehicle weapons it can also carry two troop stands.
Models: GW plastic or metal models of the name

Move: 20 cm
Save: 2+
CAF: +3
Weapons: Lascannon/Bolters
Range: 75cm/15cm
Att. D: 2/1
To Hit: 5+/6+
TSM: -2/0
Notes: May carry 2 troop stands

->No change

Land Raider Crusader*
The Crusader is a redesigned Land Raider originally built for the Black
Templars Space Marines Chapter. Its purpose is to carry their
Terminators safe right up to the enemy's positions and give close
support to the infantry once unloaded. These tanks are still quite
uncommon outside the Black Templars.
Models: Normal GW Land Raider models (or slightly modified to represent
the bolters in the side sponsons).

Move: 25 cm
Save: 3+
CAF: +3
Weapons: Hurricane Bolters/Assault Cannon/Multi Melta
Range: 15cm/50cm/25cm
Att. D: 4/1/1
To Hit: 6+/5+/3+
TSM: 0/-1/-2
Notes: May carry 2 troop stands

->IIRC this one was discussed pretty thoroughly. However, we could
playtest a bit different stats just for fun:
Move: 20 cm
Save: 2+
CAF: +3
Weapons: Hurricane Bolters/Assault Cannon/Multi Melta
Range: 50cm/50cm/25cm
Att. D: 2/1/1
To Hit: 5+/5+/3+
TSM: 0/-1/-2
Notes: May carry 2 troop stands

-> Rationale: LRC is not supposed to be any faster than normal LR and
its armor is actually a bit stronger, hence the speed and save
respectively. A hurricane bolter is three twin-linked bolters and the
crusader has two of them. This means that each has the effective
firepower of a tactical space marine stand, hence the range and attack
dice. The interesting part is that according to the point cost formula
bot the current Crusader and my own suggestion should cost exatly the
same per detachment as the regular LR.

Razorback
Another heavily armed variant of the Rhino that features longer ranged
weapons at the expense of diminished troop-carrying capacity. A
Razorback's weapons are mounted on the same turret therefore shots
cannot be divided among several targets, they must be fired at the same
model. Since the turret occupies a considerable space on the Rhino hull,
Razorbacks can only carry one troop stand. Razorbacks can either be
fielded as a stand-alone Support Card or added to a detachment
substituting its normal mode of transport (usually Rhinos) as a Special
Card. This changes the detachment break point and VP value as listed on
Army Cards and Composition section below.
Models: GW plastic or metal models of the name, or a multi-gun turret on
a plastic Whirlwind chassis.

Move: 25 cm
Save: 4+
CAF: 0
Weapons: Plasma Gun/Lascannon
Range: 50cm/75cm
Att. D: 1/1
To Hit: 5+/5+
TSM: -1/-1
Notes: Can not divide fire, may carry 1 stand, Turret

->No Change

Sabre Tank Hunter
The Sabre is one of the many Rhino variants available. It does very
little to up-armor the basic Rhino frame, and instead simply replaces
the infantry capacity with a standard vehicular autocannon. Light and
cheap, this unit is sometimes seen in the Space Marine forces.
Models: Fit a Rhino or Whirlwind models from the GW Space Marine Tanks
sprue with a single-Autocannon turret or simply use a Predator model
without side sponsons.

Move: 25 cm
Save: 4+
CAF: 0
Weapons: Autocannon
Range: 75cm
Att. D: 1
To Hit: 5+
TSM: -1
Notes: Turret

->The gun has the stats of a lascannon, so why not call it a lascannon?

---> Yup, weapon standardization again, if its meant to be an autocannon
change it to autocannon stats, if not call it a lascannon.

Land Speeder
This comprises the most common type of skimmer vehicle available to the
Space Marine and Imperial Guard armies.
Models: GW plastic or metal models of the name.

Move: 30 cm
Save: 6+
CAF: +3
Weapons: Multi-Melta
Range: 25cm
Att. D: 1
To Hit: 3+
TSM: -2
Notes: Skimmer

-> No change

Rhino
This is the main armored personnel carrier or the Space Marine army.
Although lightly armed it can carry two troop stands.
Models: Rhino or Whirlwind (without the launcher and the hole covered
up) models from the GW Space Marine Tanks sprue.

Move: 25 cm
Save: 4+
CAF: 0
Weapons: Bolters
Range: 15cm
Att. D: 1
To Hit: 6+
TSM: 0
Notes: May carry 2 stands

->No Change

Predator
Built around the successful Rhino chassis it is armed with several
lascannons and can be seen in Marine and Imperial Guard armies.
Models: GW metal models of the name.

Move: 25 cm
Save: 3+
CAF: 0
Weapons: Autocannon/Lascannon
Range: 75cm/75cm
Att. D: 1/2
To Hit: 5+/5+
TSM: -1/-1
Notes: Autocanon in turret

->Why does the autocannon have a -1 TSM? It's not as good anti-tank
weapon as a lascannon (also, see the robot stats). Suggest reducing it
to 0.

---> Weapon standardization issue again. It should be "0".

Vindicator
Built in to the Rhino chassis is an enormous gun that fires a large
shell capable of destroying its target and intervening cover. Shots from
a Vindicator ignore cover modifiers. This vehicle sees service in Marine
and Imperial Guard armies.
Models: GW metal models of the name.

Move: 20 cm
Save: 2+
CAF: +2
Weapons: Thunderer
Range: 50cm
Att. D: 1
To Hit: 4+
TSM: -3
Notes:Ignores to hit modifiers for cover

-> Why does Vindicator have a CAF of +2? 0 would be more appropriate
since it lacks close defense weapons and a turret.

--->I have wondered about this two, it's a siege weapon and should be
vulnerable. I agree it should be zero.

Mole Mortar
This is a light artillery piece that instead of firing the shell in to
the air it send it through the ground to its target; exploding
underneath them. Due to its method of travel this weapon ignores shields
of any type. In addition if the target is a Titan or Praetorian if hit,
roll a further D6 to determine if the target is trapped within the
crater that is formed by the explosion. On a roll of 6 the
Titan/Praetorian is trapped within the crater. Trapped targets may shoot
normally but, if they wish to exit the crater, must do so on Charge
Orders. Command and Praetorians must forego firing attacks if they wish
to leave the crater. Space Marine, Imperial Guard and Squat armies use
this weapon.
Models: Use GW plastic Mole Mortar model (old Squat sprue) or a
substitute (a large caliber 1/300 or slightly larger mortar piece fitted
in reverse) with two Tactical Marines as crew on a stand.

Move: 5 cm
Save: -
CAF: -3
Weapons: Mole Mortar
Range: 150cm
Att. D: Template
To Hit: 1BP
TSM: 0
Notes:Fires Barrage, special rules

Rapier Laser Destroyer
This is a slow multi-barreled weapon that is used to provide anti-armor
support to infantry advances. Space Marine, Imperial Guard and Squat
armies use this weapon.
Models: Use GW metal Rapier model or a substitute (a 1/300 Gatling like
weapon fitted on a small sized tractor) with two Tactical Marines as
crew on a stand.

Move: 5 cm
Save: -
CAF: -3
Weapons: Laser Destroyer
Range: 50cm
Att. D: 1
To Hit: 4+
TSM: -3
Notes:

-> No change

Scorpion AA battery
These are modified Tarantula batteries that serve as AA units. They may
only target Flyers, Titans, Praetorians and units in tall buildings. As
AA units they may Snap Fire at Flyers as per the flyer rules. Scorpions
have robotic brains guiding them therefore do not make morale checks.
Models: Use the GW plastic Lascannon model (Eldar Sprue) or a substitute
(1/300 single or double barreled laser or a light AA gun) with two
Tactical Marines as crew on a stand.

Move: 5 cm
Save: -
CAF: -3
Weapons: Lascannon
Range: 75cm
Att. D: 1
To Hit: 5+
TSM: -2
Notes:AA unit

-> No change

Stormwind
The Stormwind is a standard Whirlwind fitted with AA missiles instead
of the usual barrage missiles.
Miniature: Use the new GW Whirlwind model.

Move: 20 cm
Save: 4+
CAF: 0
Weapons: SAM-launcher
Range: 75cm
Att. D: 2
To Hit: 5+
TSM: -1
Notes:AA unit

-> This is the new unit.

Tarantula
These are robotic point defense weapons that recognize suitable targets
and fire in a rapid fashion. To represent this Tarantulas fire in both
the First Fire and Advance Fire phases (meaning they fire twice in the
same turn, but in different phases). As any unit in First Fire the first
shot may be used as Snap Fire. Due to the robotic targeting system the
-1 penalty to Snap Fire does not apply. This unit may not move and fire
in the same turn. To move it must be given Charge Orders. Tarantulas
therefore only receive First Fire orders (to fire normally) and Charge
Orders (to move), the Advance order is not used with Tarantulas. Due to
their robotic brain they are immune to morale checks of any type and
firing restrictions imposed by Daemons and Tyranids.
Models: Use the GW plastic Lascannon model (Eldar Sprue) or a substitute
(1/300 single or double barreled laser) with two Tactical Marines as
crew on a stand.

Move: 10 cm on charge
Save: -
CAF: -3
Weapons: Lascannon
Range: 75cm
Att. D: 1
To Hit: 5+
TSM: -2
Notes:Fires both in FF & A phases. Snap fires without penalty.

-> No change

Thudd gun
This is a light artillery piece which pumps out multiple shells in
succession. Space Marine, Imperial Guard and Squat armies use this
weapon.
Models: Use GW plastic Thudd Gun model (old Squat sprue) or a substitute
(a thick multi barreled artillery piece) with two Tactical Marines as
crew on a stand.

Move: 5 cm
Save: -
CAF: -3
Weapons: Thudd Gun
Range: 75cm
Att. D: Template
To Hit: 2BP
TSM: 0
Notes:Fires Barrage

Whirlwind
This vehicle is basically a Rhino with a multiple missile launcher
mounted on the top for extra long-range firepower and support. This is
the only heavy artillery weapon available to Space Marines.
Models: GW plastic or metal models of the name.

Move: 20 cm
Save: 4+
CAF: 0
Weapons: Multi-launcher
Range: 150cm
Att. D: Template
To Hit: 2BP
TSM: 0
Notes:Fires Barrage

-> No change

Off table barrages*
These represent standard artillery pieces deployed beyond the confines
of the table and also orbital or naval artillery. Off-table artillery is
purchased in two parts - the Barrage Units and the Forward Observers.
The barrage units are Support Cards while the observers are Special
Cards (i.e. a limit of one per company). Any other units cannot call
off-table barrages.

Off table barrage units
These are abstract units; players do not need models for them and they
cannot be attacked (counter-battery fire or air attacks are ignored for
the sake of simplicity).

The Barrage Units are of different types dependent on the size and power
of the weapons. Each Barrage Unit typically allows an observer to place
one barrage template per turn.

There are no point costs for the off-board artillery; the Firing Player
gives up Victory Points for the use of them. Any player planning to use
Off-Table Artillery must write down, at the start of the battle, the
number of Victory Points he is willing to give up for those barrages.
These cards are restricted to 2 VPs per company level card or Greater
Daemon. This allocation does not affect the limit of the point's value
of the normal units he is fielding. The player then can call barrages,
up to his declared maximum, throughout the battle until the total equals
the declared start limit. These Off-Table Barrages are called in the
First Fire phase as any other weapon. The barraging player need only
give up Victory Points for barrages actually used (i.e. Victory Points
are not paid for unsuccessful calls). See the sections pertaining to
specific armies for the details on their Off-Table Barrage Units.

Forward Observers spotting for off-table barrages
The specified Artillery Forward Observers of each army can only call
off-Table Barrages. See the specific Army Booklets for details. All
target spotting done by those units should comply with the rules given
under "Target Spotting for Indirect Artillery Fire" in the Core Rules
booklet together with the additional Forward Observer rules given below.
Note that, although spotting is restricted to one target per turn by the
Core Rules, an observer may call multiple barrages to the same target.

Additional spotting rules for off-table barrages
If either the observer stand or the vehicle is destroyed then the
observer cannot spot for Off-Table artillery (but can continue to spot
for on-table artillery as normal).

For Off-Table barrages only, the observer stand must make a
communications roll of 3+ on a D6. If the roll is successful then the
barrage arrives. Use the normal procedure for an indirect barrage.

Due to different communication networks, an observer may not spot for
both on-table artillery and off-table artillery in the same turn.

Due to the delays involved in communications, if an observer is spotting
for multiple off-table artillery attacks on one target then the player
must declare all the attacks before resolving them all in turn
(effectively, the observer calls down all the fire in one call and then
hopes for the best). Multiple off-table artillery barrages are not
combined but are resolved separately (including separate scatter rolls).

If a force has multiple barrages and/or multiple observers then barrages
are not permanently allocated to specific observers. In each turn each
observer may call down fire from any or all of the available barrage
units subject to the targeting restrictions above and the restriction
that each barrage unit may only fire once per turn.

Barrages are called in the FF phase and one by one as any other weapon.
Models: Off-Table Barrage Units are not represented as models on the
gaming table. Instead they are spaceships in orbit that fire a barrage
down to the surface.

Light Barrage
Range: Special
Attack dice: Template
To-hit: 6BP
TSM: -1
Notes: Cost 1VP per use

Heavy Barrage
Range: Special
Attack dice: Template
To-hit: 10BP
TSM: -2
Notes: Cost 2VP per use

-> No change

Thunderhawk Gunship
This is the standard Space Marine flyer for rapid deployment and is
capable of carrying a full detachment of up to 6 Space Marine stands.
They follow the rules for flyers and transports.
Detachments carried in this manner lose their normal transports but
Break Points remain the same.
Models: GW metal models of the name.

Move: 100 cm
Save: 4+
CAF: +1
Weapons: Rockets/Battlecannon/Bolters
Range: 50cm/50cm/15cm
Att. D: Template/1/3
To Hit: 6BP/4+/6+
TSM: -2/-2/0
Notes: Flyer, carries a full detachment of 6 stands

-> No change

Drop Pods
Although not a flyer, deployment and special attacks occur at the
beginning of the flyers phase. The procedure for landing Drop Pods is as
follows: The owning player nominates any location on the tabletop and
rolls for scatter twice. Once the "landing point" is determined the
player places all remaining Drop Pods anywhere within a 20 cm radius of
the "landing point". Roll for scatter once for each pod until all pods
have landed. Pods that land on any models (friend of foe) cause a hit.
Models that are hit must save at -3 to avoid destruction. When landing
on a model the pod is unharmed if the victims are regular vehicles or
troop stands, if the model has active shields the pod is destroyed and
knocks down one shield, if the model is a Titan/Praetorian with no
active shields or a Super Heavy/Knight, the pod is destroyed and the
model receives a hit at -3 penalty to the save. All pods must be
deployed in the same turn (in other words they all land in the same
turn) Deathwind Pods must land first and their attack is resolved before
further pods land (players may resolve Deathwind Pod landings one at a
time or wait until all Deathwind pods have landed and opened). Pods
successfully open after landing on a roll of 3+ for each pod. If a pod
fails to open on the turn landed it may try again at the start of each
subsequent flyers phase until opened. When placing a pod and rolling for
it to open the player must state before hand what type of pod (explained
below) he is rolling for, before any die rolls are made.

Any unit with First Fire orders (except barrage-firing artillery) may
shoot at "landing" Drop Pods if the unit has range; LOS is not
required. The results of this fire are worked out before any pods land.
Any unopened pod that is destroyed (by shooting or close combat) losses
any occupants and special weapons the particular pod had. Some numbered
counters might facilitate keeping track of what pod is what.

A Drop Pod company is purchased as a Special Card that is given to a
Space Marine Company of any type. Drop Pods substitute the standard
means of transport (usually Rhinos) that are lost. Adding Drop Pods to a
Company increases its Break Point by +10 and increases the VP value by
+3.

Pod Types:

Assault; these carry the company's troop stands and command unit. Each
pod carries two troop stands. These troops disembark on Advance Orders.

Move: Special
Save: 4+
CAF: 0
Weapons: -
Range: -
Att. D: -
To Hit: -
TSM: -
Notes: Carries 2 troop stands

Support; these carry a plasma gun platform used for heavy support. These
guns always fire on First Fire orders and do not move from their
original landing position.

Move: Special
Save: 4+
CAF: 0
Weapons: Plasma Cannon
Range: 75cm
Att. D: 1
To Hit: 5+
TSM: -2
Notes: Always fires in the First Fire segment

Deathwind; this is a special one-shot weapon that clears the landing
zone by spraying the area with deadly explosives. The area of effect of
Deathwind is a 10cm radius measured from each Deathwind pod (for a total
of three Deathwind attacks). They land before the other pods and use
their attacks. They still count for Break Point purposes if destroyed
even though they are one-shot weapons.

Move: Special
Save: 4+
CAF: 0
Weapons: Deathwind launcher
Range: 10cm radius
Att. D: special
To Hit: 4+
TSM: 0
Notes: One shot weapon

A company transported in Drop Pods must be completely landed during a
single turn (you may not select to leave some units on board).
Models: GW metal models of several types. For substitutes refer to the
above pod types passage. These are spherical (1-1.5cm diameter) when
closed and star (or cross) shaped when open.

-> No change

Titans
Space Marine armies, lacking effective heavy artillery and long-range
anti-armor weapons, often field several Titans beside their regular
troops. These are Warlords, Reavers, and Warhounds that are attached
from the Imperial Titan Legions, which constitute a part of the
Tech-Guard in NetEpic. These are fielded as Special Cards (one card per
company), and bought by the rules given in the Purchasing Titans section
of the Titans chapter in the Core Rules Booklet. For the details of the
Titan types and their eligible weapons take a look at the Titans book.

-> The titans are going to their own book IIRC.

---> the costs and such yes, general rules are in the core rules.

Thunderbolt fighter
These are the air superiority fighters of the Imperium. As with all
flyers Thunderbolts do not combine their barrages; firing them
independently. They follow the flyers' rules and are considered
thrusters.
Models: GW metal models of the name.

Move: 100 cm
Save: 4+
CAF: +4
Weapons: Autocannon/Rockets
Range: 25cm/25cm
Att. D: 3/template
To Hit: 5+/4BP
TSM: -1/-1
Notes: Thruster, does not combine barrages

-> This has as good CAF as the Eldar nightwing. Since the Nightwing is
supposed to be superior the CAF should be lowered.

---> Or conversely the nightwing should be increased. Probably lowering
this one is better.

Marauder Fighter Bomber
This flyer is armed with heavy weapons and is suited for strafing runs,
although it can hold its own in dogfights. As with all flyers Marauders
do not combine their barrages they are fired independently. They follow
the rules for flyers and are considered thrusters.
Models: GW metal models of the name

Move: 75 cm
Save: 3+
CAF: +2
Weapons: Battlecannon/Lascannon/Rockets
Range: 50cm/50cm/50cm
Att. D: 1/3/template
To Hit: 4+/5+/4BP
TSM: -2/-1/-2
Notes: Thruster, does not combine barrages
-> No change

-> Is there any interest to incorporate the new Lightning fighter and
Marauder Destroyer as optional units?

---><grin> You BETTER!! I bought the damn things and I DEMAND rules, I
wont let you escape me on this Jyrki, so MAKE ME RULES!!!

Peter