[NetEpic ML] Re: The Glory Days of SM/TL

From: Lorenzo Canapicchi <canapi_at_...>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 11:18:49 +0100

Tzeentch wrote:
> > One-Shot Missiles were limited by availability in ESM/TL.
>
> No they weren't. Combine that with the above problem and you had people like
> me abusing the rules by having every warlord with two barrage missiles or
> (in some cases) two warp missiles and two barrage missiles AND anti-infantry
> banners.

Uh? they weren't Carapace only????

> > Titans could be hurt by infantry in ESM/TL. Take massive losses, but
> swarm
> > attacks could work.
>
> Ugh. Don' get me started on this. Long gone are the days of suiciding titans
> with Tactical Guardsmen (30 stands could usually knock down all the shields
> if you were fairly lucky). They will never return, heck it was such a
> problem even GW changed the rule.

30 stands??? eh eh maybe the Titan wasn't covered or it hasn't some
useful Barrage missile Launcher, inferno Gun etc etc. and even in Hth
remember that you can contact the titan only on feet not the base :) (My
warlord titan always mount banner-mounted anti infantry laser that are
free....)

> > Did have a separate psychic phase in ESM/TL.
>
> They did? Wow it's been a long time, have to break out my books again. I
> don't remember a psyker phase EVER being in any of the Epic games, even E40K
> had no psyker phase.

Yes they did :) a separate phase for psycher, my warlocks knows it very
well

After the introduction of the separate phase they could use pop-up
psichic powers from the falcon in the FF phase :PPPPP really cheesy...

--
Lorenzo Canapicchi
mailto:canapicc_at_...