[v5.0] Transports & coherency

From: Jarreas Underwood <jarreas_at_...>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 21:01:33 -0400

I may have missed it, but was there any discussion on detachment consisting
of troops and transports? The current rules say they all have to maintain
coherency, but I've been playing with a house rule that say they may act as
separate detachments and only need to maintain coherency between
themselves. They're given separate orders anyway, and it makes sense for
transports to be able to head back for another pickup.

On a separate question, do I need to tell my opponent exactly what's in
each transport? As in, I buy a SM Tactical company and 5 Support Cards of
Rhinos. I've got 24 Rhinos running across the field - do I have to tell him
which ones contain Marines? I agree that I should have a written record and
be able to prove what's where, but does he have to know? The local 40K'ers
say yes, my common sense says no. What's consensus on the ML?
-Yar