RE: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] Eldar suggestion

From: darius spano <dmanspano_at_...>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 19:31:19 -0700 (PDT)

You really are going to tick a lot of people off. I
used to think they should be price higher too but then
I thought about it and came to the conclusion that
they aren't worth as much as a battle company or a
devastator company--same price as you recommend. 650
is fair when you factor in the average morale and the
fact that they die fast. You can take 5 Space Marine
bike squads as supports and they only give up 5 VPS
where the Wind Host gives up 7 and cost 25 pts more.
They have the same CAF, one doesn't have
pop-up/skimmer ability, one has higher morale, and the
Space Marine bikes would have to lose 15 bikes to
break all 5 squads the eldar 13. The cost is fair. The
skimmer ability and -1 TSM of the Vypers drive up the
price of these units based on the formulas for point
costs. For 10 years I have played Space Marine/Net
Epic and I have seen the Eldar lose--with Wind Hosts
too.
Darius