Re: [NetEpic ML] Terrain generator

From: Sam Dale <epic_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 00:01:31 +0100

> I've read several references to a random terrain generator. Does anyone
> have one I could have? And what do folks think of placing a small one in
> the Core Rules?

There's a discussion of different placement methods in one of the recent WDs
written by Mike Walker. Some good ideas in there. One of the best was to
create a card for each of your terrain pieces, add about 50% more cards with
blanks, and each player gets to place terrain cards without looking at the
face. Items placed with the orientation that the card was placed with.

Of course, it helps if your scenery collection amounts to more than a dozen
epic buildings. All my old scenery (including the McDeath cardboard
buildings and some excellent railway walls and hedges) got assimilated and
destroyed by the club i left behind in macclesfield.

"Make some more". Nah. I got to get some models painted first. Any models...

Sam.