Re: Sv: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] Moving Last rule

From: Jarreas Underwood <jarreas_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 09:50:09 -0400

>I dont like this rule. The advantage of some armies is their
>superiority in detachments. I know the Slann would greatly benefit
>from this rule, since they are so few, but i think that is as it
>should be. When i play Slann, and win initiative, i can move my
>mechs last. This will mean alot, since they are always prime targets.
>
>Rune

Currently, armies that have lots of detachments will always take the last
move, regardless of the initiative roll. This isn't fair - the initiative
roll should mean more than just who takes the first shot. The last move
rule I'm proposing means you can save one detachment (not one army card) to
move last - in the case of the Slaan you'd get to move a detachment of
three mechs last. As you say, that means a lot - and I think initiative
should mean a lot. It's important in any real battle, and improves those
very rare special abilities that modify the initiative roll.
-Yar