Re: [NetEpic ML] Epic Armageddon PDF file up

From: darius spano <dmanspano_at_...>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 06:56:29 -0700 (PDT)

I think you are being too harsh on the Demo version.
It is a marked improvement over E40K. It has
incorporated some of Warmaster in it, which by the way
is a good game. Much better than WHFB or WH40K. I like
the control zones, the initiative, overwatch,
crossfire feature and the ability to distinguish
between AP and AT fire. Oops and I forgot that one of
my favorite things about the rules is that close cobat
can be resolved, rather than troops being locked up
they resolved it until there is a clear winner. I
still wish there were a greater differention among
units-- that's what I like about Space Marine and the
different kinds of troops.Don't get me wrong I love
Space Marine/Net Epic but these are some good points
that maybe we should address for improving NET Epic. I
will definitely give this a shot when it comes out.
You have to have an open mind. In my gaming group
there are now a few E40K gamers. They love their game
but said hey I'll try yours and I said the same. The
worst thing that happened was that I now had more Epic
versions to play.
Darius