[NetEpic ML] Re: Shield Systems

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 09:17:21 +1100

At 12:58 PM 12/16/99 -0600, you wrote:
>I realize now that part of the problem with Titans originates in Titan
>Legions. Their weakness was made up for by the fact that a whole horde of
>them could be bought. If Titans had their toughness increased, I think it
>would be a good idea to remove those 3 for the price of 2 deals on Titans.
>They were abused anyway and no other unit in the game got that type of a
>deal. If you were facing 2 Titans instead of 3, having those 2 be a little
>bit more difficult would not be much of a problem.

Certainly. I'd be more than happy to lose the 3-for-2 deals for Titans
that are a little tougher (especially that "Saving Throws for Shields"
idea. The more I go over it the better it sounds! 1+ saves for Void
shields and 2+ saves for Power Fields sounds good).

If the toughening we give to Titans involves Void Shields/Power Fields,
don't forget that we will have to adjust the values of all the Praetorians
that mount similar devices to compensate (eg- Leviathan, Colossus, Capitol
Imperialis, etc.)

-Kelvin....

         "Of course I'm paranoid!
       Everyone's trying to kill me."