[NetEpic ML] Re: Rules Proposition X

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 09:22:51 +1100

>Then explain medics, please. Frankly, I find it much more acceptable to
>have heavily armoured infantry surviving hits rather than having
>"mister miracle" which revives whole SQUADS after they've been
>annihilated by a plasma cannon which left a 30-meter radius crater
>where there were "normal" unarmoured men (like IG stands) before.

Another point well brought up here is the point of Medics and what they can
do. I personally am an advocate of the Medics NOT providing a 5+ "recovery
save" after the unit is dead. Instead, let them give infantry within their
range a normal save that is modified as normal. Thus they CAN save
infantry taken out by small arms and other light weapons, but hit them with
a Defense Laser or Plasma Cannon and they are just smoking holes in the
ground, Medic or not.

>I didn't see anyone stating out "every infantry stand of race XXX need
>a save". And marines, under current NetEpic rules, DO have a save of 6+.

Thank the gods they do. Makes them a little tougher (as they should be)
and helps identify them as being better than other infantry.

-Kelvin....

         "Of course I'm paranoid!
       Everyone's trying to kill me."