Re: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] New unit summary (marine revision part III)

From: Weasel Fierce <weasel_fierce_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 19:07:11 +0000

>The current Predator is a bit strange considering that it has two different
>weapon systems which have identical stats. I'd drop the autocannon's TSM to
>0 and possibly give it another attack die.

2 attacks with no TSM is great

>New Predators:
>
>Predator Annihilator
>Move: 25 cm
>Save: 3+
>CAF: 0
>Weapons: Twin-linked lascannon/Lascannon Sponson
>Range: 75cm/75cm
>Att. D: 1/2
>To Hit: 5+/5+
>TSM: -2/-1
>Notes: Twin-linked lascannon in turret

All fine though I really dont want to see each vehicle combination detailed
out. 40K3 gives 4-5 different weapon fits for the razorback ....

I dont see this as being something that is really needed

>Land Speeder 'Tornado'
>Carrying a devastating Assault Cannon the Tornados excels in the
>anti-personnel role, often acting as a mobil reserve, dashing forward
>to exploit weaknesses in the enemy or bolstering the Space Marines'
>attack where they most need it.
>
>Move: 30 cm
>Save: 6+
>CAF: +3
>Weapons: Assault Cannon
>Range: 35cm
>Att. D: 2
>To Hit: 4+
>TSM: 0
>Notes: Skimmer

Same thing goes here really. I guess Im starting to get conservative :)

>Comments appreciated. Personally I'd say the Typhoon's CAF should be lower;
>+2 at most.

I'd say all landspeeders should be lowered. I cant see why they should be so
dangerous in close quarter fighting.
A +2 or even +1 IMO

Weasel

How many lives will be taken today?