RE: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] Marine Revision Part IV

From: Millett, George <George.Millett_at_...>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 09:30:52 +0100

> Hi!
>
> I'll let those who play the special chapters comment on their
> own chapter. I play Dark Angels, so I have one comment on the
> Ravenwing:
>
> As from Netepic 5.0, every SM chapter can buy a bike company,
> so I dont really see the need for counterbalancing the
> Ravenwing. Actually, it should be beefed up to emphasize the
> difference between the Ravenwing and a normal bike company.
>
> Eivind

Sorry, no bonus:
-The bike company is optional (it didn't get 2/3 majority).
-Even if it weren't the ravenwing includes two squadrons of land speeders.
-The Dark Angels can take the bike company also.

The question to answer is: why would I play a codex chapter when I can play
Dark Angels. I can get all the units a Codex chapter can and in addition I
can take the nifty Ravenwing? IMO the special abilities/units should be
balanced with limitations to match.

As for beefing Ravenwing up, it will probably have the new master and the
jink rule when the polls have finished.

Jyrki Saari

-There is no such thing as free lunch because eating takes time and time is
money.

---->I'd give the Ravenwing the jink ability up the points but remove the
option of having normal bikes/landspeeders same as for the Deathwing as I
think the Ravenwing was supposed to represent the entirety of the chapters
bikes lumped together in 1 large formation as opposed to scattered about the
rest of the companies as per the rest of the chapters.