[NetEpic ML] Re: [v5.0] Marine Revision Part IV

From: antichrist666it <seimejote_at_...>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 16:43:31 -0000

--- In netepic_at_y..., "Weasel Fierce" <weasel_fierce_at_h...> wrote:

> >I've 2 new rule proposals:
> >
> >Black Rage
> >Due to their psychopathic nature, all Blood Angels units are
affected
> >by the Black Rage. As a result, they have a bonus of +1 CAF when on
> >Charge orders, but they have to make a Black Rage check each turn.
> >Roll 1d6 for each Blood Angel detachment at the start of the Orders
> >phase: on a roll of 1 it MUST be placed on Charge orders.
>
> I would have proposed this too, but its too tedious. Rolling for
god knows
> how many detachments in a 4000 point battle is too slow and
annoying.

Yep, good reasons... maybe only company cards?

> >Supercharged Engine
> >Blood Angels' Rhinos and Razorbacks are fitted with Supercharged
> >Engines, which grant additional boost (not without some risks!).
> >Vehicles fitted with Supercharged Engines can move additional 5cm
> >when placed on Advance orders (10cm if on Charge orders), but
cannot
> >enter difficult terrain and must test if the engine breaks at the
end
> >of the move. Roll 1d6: on a result of 1 the vehicle is permanently
> >immobilised.
>
> This one could work, but the blood angels dont need more advantages
I think

Which are the others?

> >...and other new units like
> >-Dark Angels Librarian (different powers)
>
> Good idea :)
>
> >-Interrogator-Chaplain
>
> Not enough difference from a normal chaplain.

Agree, let's only change the name? (Fluff reasons only :P)

> >-Deathwing Characters (all in Terminator Armor)
>
> They have terminator HQ's. The DA dont use ALL terminator armoured
leaders

I mean that the Deathwing Company may use only Deathwing Captains,
Deathwing Chaplains, Deathwing Techmarines etc. etc...
My idea is to make all the Terminator version of these characters

> >-Ravenwing Characters (all bike-mounted)
>
> A leader for the ravenwing company yes

As above... and a Ravenwing Chaplain, Techmarine, Librarian etc.
etc... all bike-mounted

> >-Ravenwing Attack Bike (Multi-Melta instead of Heavy Bolter)
> >-Ravenwing Land Speeder (Assault Cannon instead of Multi-Melta)
> >-Master of the Ravenwing (both the Bike-mounted and the Land
Speeder
> >versions)
>
> These are fine with me as replacements...not alternatives

Obvious! :P

> >-Jink save (6+ fixed) for all the Ravenwing
>
> Severely against that. Way too powerfull I think.

I don't agree... remember that Ravenwing should only have bike and
Land speeder support cards...

> >...guess? new units :P
> >-Iron Priests (and their Thralls)
>
> Not needed I think

Why not? Remember that these are the Space Wolves Tech-Marines...

> >-Fenrisian Wolves
>
> I hate these guys :) They could be entertaining though
>
> >-Wolf Lord (on bike)
>
> No reason unless we do other bike heroes too

The bike mounted Wolf Lord and his retinue of Fenrisian Wolves is a
scary sight indeed...

> >-Venerable Dreadnought
>
> Good one
>
> >-Leman Russ 'Exterminator'
>
> COuld work. Should replace something, like the sabre

Agree... Sabre are useless, IMHO.