Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: [v5.0] Marine Revision Part IV

From: Weasel Fierce <weasel_fierce_at_...>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 17:33:30 +0000

>I've 2 new rule proposals:
>
>Black Rage
>Due to their psychopathic nature, all Blood Angels units are affected
>by the Black Rage. As a result, they have a bonus of +1 CAF when on
>Charge orders, but they have to make a Black Rage check each turn.
>Roll 1d6 for each Blood Angel detachment at the start of the Orders
>phase: on a roll of 1 it MUST be placed on Charge orders.

I would have proposed this too, but its too tedious. Rolling for god knows
how many detachments in a 4000 point battle is too slow and annoying.

>Supercharged Engine
>Blood Angels' Rhinos and Razorbacks are fitted with Supercharged
>Engines, which grant additional boost (not without some risks!).
>Vehicles fitted with Supercharged Engines can move additional 5cm
>when placed on Advance orders (10cm if on Charge orders), but cannot
>enter difficult terrain and must test if the engine breaks at the end
>of the move. Roll 1d6: on a result of 1 the vehicle is permanently
>immobilised.

This one could work, but the blood angels dont need more advantages I think

>...and other new units like
>-Dark Angels Librarian (different powers)

Good idea :)

>-Interrogator-Chaplain

Not enough difference from a normal chaplain.

>-Deathwing Characters (all in Terminator Armor)

They have terminator HQ's. The DA dont use ALL terminator armoured leaders

>-Ravenwing Characters (all bike-mounted)

A leader for the ravenwing company yes

>-Ravenwing Attack Bike (Multi-Melta instead of Heavy Bolter)
>-Ravenwing Land Speeder (Assault Cannon instead of Multi-Melta)
>-Master of the Ravenwing (both the Bike-mounted and the Land Speeder
>versions)

These are fine with me as replacements...not alternatives

>-Jink save (6+ fixed) for all the Ravenwing

Severely against that. Way too powerfull I think.

>...guess? new units :P
>-Iron Priests (and their Thralls)

Not needed I think

>-Fenrisian Wolves

I hate these guys :) They could be entertaining though

>-Wolf Lord (on bike)

No reason unless we do other bike heroes too

>-Venerable Dreadnought

Good one

>-Leman Russ 'Exterminator'

COuld work. Should replace something, like the sabre

Weasel

How many lives will be taken today?
How many times will we just look away?

Pennywise - One voice