Re: [NetEpic ML] Poin Cost

From: Lorenzo Canapicchi <lorenzo.canapicchi_at_...>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 20:16:55 +0200

Weasel Fierce wrote:

> I'll keep these in mind *grins*

I used something similar in an Epic game against one of my last Tech Guard
opponent, he had a Warlord Titan BattleGroup with 3 vortex Missile, 2 Hidra
detach (36 shots at 100 Cm in snap fire, like to say: WRH exterminator),
bombard, basilisks, Knights, an ordinatus and so on.
Well he mostly annihilated my Eldar Army, but at the end of the 3rd turn I
won with 4 points of difference just 'couse I used a "covered" strategy to
have almost all the objectives in range before the last turn with my last
bounce of units, after 3rd turn my army would have been *completely* wiped out.

An Eldar Army it's very strange, you cannot play with brute force, you
cannot hope to survive too many turns, you know that at the end most of
your army will be eliminated, so you have to plan very well what you will do.

> Allthough, the weaknesses of the eldar arent worse than other races IMO

Weaknesses of eldar are: no large company, low break point, you cannot
field too many elite trrops, your titans are useless if the opponent have
some good barrage, you have only 2 command units (at least if you don't
consider the Avatar an ace in the sleeve), you don't have a great firepower
(you cannot fire at will), morale and caf it's poor, you waste a lot of
detach slot per company cards 'couse many of your veichles are in pairs if
not single model, if you try to simply play a game (against a normal
player) without a precise plan in mind there is no hope to survive.
This isn't worse then other races, but why the only very good points that
people it's wining at it's the WRH cost?
Maybe 'couse it's the only one, free cards? well the only one that can be
useful it's the SH wild riders, the only very good veichle it's the
Tempest, but also here, no command units.
If I was a newbie I could argue: Hei! IG it's a deal, large companies and a
lot of command units, geeez!.
Yes, but you need those command units for the chain of command....and you
must pay attention to this, when you move, for this reason the usual newbie
tactic it's: stand back and cover the field with a rain of fire.

A precision knife it's not a terrible weapon itself compared with an AK47,
but put in the correct hands it becomes deadly.

--
Lorenzo Canapicchi
TXT e-solutions S.p.A.