RE: [NetEpic ML] Do I even bother?

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 17:08:48 -0400

Hi!

Yes, do bother. As I mentioned before, this revision is creating more
anxiety than usual because I lifted the restriction on optional units so
as to include EVERYTHING. I want ALL optional ideas/units in net epic
5.0. Why? because they get lost all too frequently and that's a damn
shame.

I have put the following statement forth on several occasions, I'll do
it again. EVERYTHING YOU HAVE SEEN SO FAR WITH FEW EXCEPTIONS IS
OPTIONAL. There has been little "core" added, mostly in the core rules
with the rules regarding elites and buildings.

The other point is "THE ONLY THING MADE CORE BY 2/3 VOTE WAS THE
TERMINATOR SAVE ALL ELSE IS OPTIONAL.

Sorry for the shouting but people seem to have forgotten these points
and the need to be repeated. Much is being proposed and discussed
because even though its OPTIONAL people want their proposals to be as
reasonable as possible.

Jyrki, do NOT despair. You need to put out there EVERYTHING you got, let
it be analyzed, broken apart and rebuilt via discussions and the final
result voted on and included.

<grin> Now all you project leaders will feel what I have for the last 5
years. Guiding a revision is a pain in the ass, if you haven't noticed.
There are many factors to deal with not least of all the varied
opinions. Again don't despair; you have my support and appreciation.

Emiliano and Jar, EVERYTHING YOU DO WILL BE INCLUDED AT THE VERY LEAST
IN OPTIONAL FASHION. These two guys have done a lot of work for which
I'm grateful and they have good ideas. They ARE NOT CORE, they are
OPTIONAL. They WILL be included as such. Jar has said this a ZILLION
times, so I'll say it as well, he is aware that most is for now
OPTIONAL. If you got an opinion on his stuff let him know, he needs the
input, if not it will go in as is and OPTIONAL.

<Double grin> I thought getting project leaders would be easier on me!
I'm used to juggling varied opinions and settling things quick and easy.
It takes getting used to. I hope none of the project leaders get
discouraged. It doesn't matter if you are for or against change as
project leader, it's your experience and guidance over the topic at hand
that I'm interested in. If as project leader you don't want to propose
anything new that's fine. Projects leaders have final say as far as
optional stuff (I hope Lorenzo you are still motivated to do the
Eldar!).

So, I'll say it AGAIN:

1. ALL IDEAS FOR RULES AND UNITS GET IN AS OPTIONAL. Discuss them as you
see fit so as to make the ideas feasible. Use the poll, that's what they
are for!

2. Admission as core follows the same rules they always have 2/3
majority. If it's a rule/unit never before seen in net epic then enter
it as OPTIONAL. This does NOT extend to rules/units already in the rules
that have been modified. Standard rules apply in these cases (And these
have been 3 cases in total so far).

I HOPE EVERYONE FINALLY UNDERSTANDS WHAT IS BEING DONE AND HOW. THE ONLY
REAL DIFFERENCE SO FAR BETWEEN 4.1 AND 5.0 IS THE QUANTITY OF OPTIONAL
STUFF.

Okay, enough emphasis for today. Let us continue the revision since I
hope we all understand what's being done. If not you'll force me to
preface a lot of messages with:

OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL,
OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL,
OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL,
OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL,
OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL,
OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL,
OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL,
OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL,
OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL,
OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL,
OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL,
OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL, OPTIONAL,

....you get the picture.

Peter