Re: [v5.0]White Scars

From: antichrist666it <seimejote_at_...>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 16:07:54 -0000

Comments below... =)

--- In netepic_at_y..., <jyrki.saari_at_n...> wrote:
> SPECIAL RULES
> White Scars are the best bikers in the Imperium. White Scars bikes
may enter woods and rough terrain on charge orders.

> White Scars excel in making hit and run attacks. White Scars bike
detachments may break off from close combat after the first round has
been fought. They are considered to have charge orders and the move
may not end within 20cm of any enemy unit.

> NEW UNITS
> Scout Bike
> Instead of scouts White Scars use scout bikes. Scout Bikes are
fitted with special noise suppressors and may infiltrate. However,
they must drive slowly and carefully to avoid attention and may only
make a normal (advance) move instead of a charge move when
infiltrating.

> Move: 30 cm
> Save: None
> CAF: +1
> Weapons: Bolters
> Range: 15cm
> Att. D: 1
> To Hit: 6+
> TSM: 0
> Notes: Infiltrate at advance (NOT charge) rate.

Again, bump the CAF to +2 (like Neophyte bikes).

> Veteran Bike
> When not fielded as terminators White Scars veterans must be
fielded as veteran bikers. A White Scars army may not have normal
veteran units. When fielded as terminators they are transported in
Land Raider Crusaders, White Scars being the only chapter besides
Black Templars to use them in large numbers. This is because the
standard Land Raider is seen as too slow for the fast-moving White
Scars units.

> Move: 30 cm
> Save: 6+
> CAF: +4
> Weapons: Bolters
> Range: 15cm
> Att. D: 1
> To Hit: 5+
> TSM: 0
> Notes:

Make them Elite (they are Veterans, after all) WOW! The first Elite
Cavalry unit! ^^

> Predator Jaghatai Khan
> Jaghatai Khan is an assault version of the standard Predator
developed by the White Scars. It is fast and armed with devastating
short-ranged weapons.

> Move: 25 cm
> Save: 3+
> CAF: +3
> Weapons:
> Heavy Flamer (turret)
> Range: Template
> Att. D: Special
> To Hit: 4+
> TSM: 0
>
> Multi-Melta
> Range: 25cm
> Att. D: 2
> To Hit: 3+
> TSM: -2
>
> Bolter
> Range: 15cm
> Att. D: 1
> To Hit: 6+
> TSM: 0

Remove the Bolter. The Predators have 3 weapon mounts: the turret
(Heavy flamer) and the 2 sponsons (Multi-Meltas)

> If someone wishes to design a stormseer to replace the regular
librarian he can be my guest.

> PROHIBITED ARMY CARDS
> Devastator companies & detachments, Battle companies, Veteran
companies & detachments*, Terminator companies & detachments*, close
assault terminator detachments*, Dreadnoughts, Land Raider companies
& detachments, tarantulas, scorpions, Robots and Vindicators.

> *The White Scars have their own versions of these.
>
> RESTRICTED ARMY CARDS
> Whirlwinds are available as special cards.
>
> NEW COMPANY CARDS
> White Scars Terminator company
>
> Since the LRC speed poll seems to be for changing the LRC's speed
to 20cm they can't be used to transport White Scars Terminators
anymore (too slow). Therefore I mounted the termies in Rhinos, hence
the lower point cost.

> Contents: 3 Terminator Detachments, 1 Company HQ (Term. Command
stand, Rhino)
> Break Point: 10
> Morale: 1
> Victory Points: 7
> Cost: 700

I'm against this... Termies don't fit in a Rhino, IMHO...

> White Scars veteran bike company
> Contents: 3 veteran bike detachments, 1 Company HQ (1 bike stand)
> Break Point: 10
> Morale: 1
> Victory Points: 5
> Cost: 450
>
> White Scars bike company
> Contents: 3 bike detachments, 1 Company HQ (1 bike stand)
> Break Point: 8
> Morale: 2
> Victory Points: 4
> Cost: 375
>
> NEW SUPPORT CARDS
> White Scars terminator detachment
> Contents: 4 Terminator stands, 2 Rhinos
> Break Point: 3
> Morale: 1
> Victory Points: 3
> Cost: 250

Against, as before...

> White Scars C/A terminator detachment
> Contents: 4 C/A Terminator stands, 2 Rhinos
> Break Point: 3
> Morale: 1
> Victory Points: 3
> Cost: 200

Idem...

> White Scars veteran bike detachment
> Contents: 5 veteran bike stands
> Break Point: 3
> Morale: 1
> Victory Points: 2
> Cost: 150
>
> White Scars scout bike detachment
> Contents: 5 scout bike stands
> Break Point: 3
> Morale: 2
> Victory Points: 1
> Cost: 125

Why Morale 2? Let's make Morale 3 as other scouts and 100 points cost!

> Jaghatai Khan detachment
> Contents: 3 Jaghatai Khan tanks
> Break Point: 2
> Morale: 2
> Victory Points: 2
> Cost: 225
>
> Jyrki Saari
>
> -There is no such thing as free lunch because eating takes time and
time is money.