[NetEpic ML] Re: Let the Revision begin!!

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 07:29:59 GMT

>As most net epic old hands know once I get free time I start my usual
>barrage of posts. Again I thank "Weasel" for starting this off.

*smiles and blushes*

>Ground rules
>
>1. Everything is voted on before its passing, majority vote of 2/3 is
>needed to pass a specific entry
>2. Core rule revisions will be tackled first
>3. Army lists with unit by unit analysis of stats and rules
>4. Alternate rules
>
>The first couple of issues will be of course the latest hottest topics on
>the list:
>
>Infantry saves and titans
>
>No the vote that follows is to assess need for a change, not what the
>change is. I need consensus as far as this before we start making up rules.
>It seems that the opinions may have fluctuated since the last vote.
>
>Issue #1
>
>Infantry saves
>
>A. Leave as is
>B. Change

I am aware that game time will be increased. But honestly, making saves is
rather quick, if 3 stands get hit, just roll 3 dice and remove the
casualties. I owuld say a better save. Or alternatively a penalty for
anti-tan kwepaons when firing at infantry

>Issue #2
>
>Titans
>
>A. leave as is
>B. change

Change 'em. (Better saves)

>Issue #3
>
>Close combat
>
>A. leave as is
>B. change
>
>My vote is "B", but not as far as the general mechanic with we should keep,
>but as far as the interaction of infantry with vehicles and titans. I think
>vehicls should have high CAF when they charge and low ones when caught in a
>charge, in short words the old AT overun system was simple and easy to
>adapt. As far as with titans I'm not sure but I am disatisfied with the
>current state of affairs.

Totally agree