RE: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0]White Scars

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 10:06:06 +0300

I don't agree. You might as well ask why not everybody has great companies or why not everybody has CC troops against which enemy must make a morale check etc. The idea is that some chapters are for various reasons evolved to more specialized ones. They're better at that than the Codex chapters but not as good all around fighting units.

> Sorry - I'm letting my "keep it real!" side show. I'm still
> adverse to making a new rule - I'd prefer to create a special
> ability within the existing rules. How about:
>
> Special ability: Hit-and-Run
> A unit with this ability may make a move in the End Phase, if
> it has survived Close Combat this turn. This move may take
> the unit to the edge of the opponent's Zone of Control (up to
> 3cm from the enemy). This movement may "jump" over the enemy
> and put the bike on the far side of the enemy, but it may not
> cross other Zones of Control.

Not really a hit and RUN. More like hit and pull back a little. ;)

> Or we could just go with an easy-to-remember rule: White
> Scars bikes count as Vehicle-class units for pinning purposes only.

This is actually more powerful than the proposed rule. It was suggested before and I still don't agree since it would allow the WS bikes to waltz right off most Close combats and charge through enemy troops.

> I like the second, as it allows WS bikes to pass through most
> Zones of Control, leave Close Combat with all other bikes,
> cavalry & dreadnaughts, and tie down tanks in Close Combat.
> Normal bikes can't, and that's a nice advantqage in and of
> itself. It's not that major, either, as most things don't
> survive a single round of Close Combat - at least in my experience.

But the idea of hit and run is IMO not like that.

> -Yar

Jyrki Saari

-There is no such thing as free lunch because eating takes time and time is money.