Re: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] Black Templars - new units

From: antichrist666it <seimejote_at_...>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 18:17:44 -0000

--- In netepic_at_y..., <jarreas_at_m...> wrote:
> With the tank and the knight there are lots of people swarming all
over it
> putting grenades in the tracks, knee joints etc but with the
infantry they
> can guide the blows on to the lest vulnerable areas + they can use
the jump
> pack to lessen the force of any CC blow by jetting away from the
opponent.

> That arguement could be used for *any* infantry - assault marines
especially. I don't like the idea of *anyone* getting a save in Close
Combat. Unique things like an Avatar I'll live with, but an entire
detachment? IMO, that's just wrong.

> If you want to make something tough in CC, give it a higher CAF. If
you want to insure they win a lot, have 'em re-roll 1's like the
Squats do. It's the same arguement I have with WS bikes - you're
breaking rules to make a special unit when you don't need to. There
are existing ways to make something a CC God - why break rules to
make a new one?
> -Yar

A fixed save breaks the rules?