RE: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] Black Templars - new units

From: <jarreas_at_...>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 12:13:41 -0400

 With the tank and the knight there are lots of people swarming all over it
putting grenades in the tracks, knee joints etc but with the infantry they
can guide the blows on to the lest vulnerable areas + they can use the jump
pack to lessen the force of any CC blow by jetting away from the opponent.

That arguement could be used for *any* infantry - assault marines especially. I don't like the idea of *anyone* getting a save in Close Combat. Unique things like an Avatar I'll live with, but an entire detachment? IMO, that's just wrong.

If you want to make something tough in CC, give it a higher CAF. If you want to insure they win a lot, have 'em re-roll 1's like the Squats do. It's the same arguement I have with WS bikes - you're breaking rules to make a special unit when you don't need to. There are existing ways to make something a CC God - why break rules to make a new one?
-Yar