Re: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] Blood Angels - new units

From: Weasel Fierce <weasel_fierce_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 20:22:26 +0000

>Veteran Assault Marines
>Exceptional warriors amongst the Space Marines are inducted into the
>prestigious First Company, where they receive additional training in
>all areas of warcraft. Many learn how to use the dreaded Terminator
>suits, while others excel at other forms of fighting. All are
>equipped to the highest standard, and they are most often seen at the
>forefront of the fighting. Veteran Assault Marines are considered
>Elite units.
>Models: Assault Marine models from the GW Space Marine sprue.
>
>Stats
>MOV: 15cm
>ARM: 6+
>CAF: +4
>WPN: Bolt Pistols/Chainswords
>RNG: 25cm
>ATT: 1
>HIT: 5+
>SMD: 0
>Note: Elite

Fine, but let them replace regular veterans

>Librarian
>In battle, a Librarian uses his psychic prowess to hurl righteous
>fire at the enemy, or to embolden the spirits of nearby friendly
>forces. They are also one of the most valuable troops to have when
>combating forces of Chaos, as they have certain abilities that are
>particularly effective against d�mons, which are intrinsically
>vulnerable to psychic attacks. Librarians are powerful Psykers, and
>may use one of the following powers once per turn:
>1) Destroy D�mon (Ethereal) - same of SM Librarian.
>2) Purge Psyker (Ethereal) - same of SM Librarian.
>3) Quickening (Ethereal) - This power is used at the start of the
>Close Combat phase: a friendly stand within a 50cm and LoS (or the
>Librarian himself) has his CAF doubled (up to a maximum of +10) until
>end of turn.
>Models: Librarian and Tactical Marine models from the GW Space Marine
>sprue.

A nice change. I think this one is okay, but I think it should require a die
roll. 3+ or maybe 2+

>Sanguinary High Priest
>In the Blood Angels Chapter the role of the Apothecary (Medic) is
>filled by the Sanguinary Priests. The priests are ruled over by
>Sanguinary High Priests who also oversee the transformation and
>strive to find a cure for the Black Rage and the Red Thirst.
>1) Sanguinius Chosen - Blood Angels Infantry, Cavalry and Walker
>units within 10cm of a Sanguinary High Priest may re-roll once per
>close combat resolution their close combat dices (the second roll is
>final).

In 40K it only apply if the models charge that turn.

>Dreadnought `Furioso'
>Even half-dead and incarcerated in the adamantium sarcophagus of a
>Dreadnought, a Blood Angel still lusts for battle and the chance to
>prove his honour face to face with the enemy. The Furioso Dreadnought
>design was conceived by the Chapter Lord of the Forges many millennia
>ago to grant this opportunity to the recovered fallen.
>Models: New GW metal Dreadnought models.
>
>Stats
>MOV: 10cm
>ARM: 4+
>CAF: +5
>WPN: Meltagun/Heavy Flamer
>RNG: 25cm/35cm
>ATT: 1/1
>HIT: 4+/4+
>SMD: -1/0
>Note: Heavy Flamer ignores cover
>
>Support Card (substitutes Assault Dreadnouhts detachment)
>Furioso Dreadnought detachment
>4 Furios Dreadnoughts
>BP - 2, Morale - 2, VP - 2, pts - 200

Fine with me

>Predator `Baal'
>The Baal Predator variant tank is armed with numerous weapons noted
>for their high rate of fire. It is designed to lay down a torrent of
>fire as the Blood Angels advance, and is able to mow down enemy
>infantry and light vehicles with horrifying efficiency.
>Models: GW metal models of the name.
>
>Stats
>MOV: 25cm
>ARM: 3+
>CAF: +3
>WPN: Turret Twin-linked Assault Cannon/Sponson Heavy Bolters
>RNG: 35cm/50cm
>ATT: 2/3
>HIT: 3+/5+
>SMD: 0/0
>Note: Assault Cannon has 360� fire arc

Sponson heavy bolters on the leman russ gives 1 shot at 15 cm, hitting on a
6+. Keep them equal. The assault cannon stats are fine.

Weasel

How many lives will be taken today?
How many times will we just look away?

Pennywise - One voice