Re: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] Blood Angels - new units

From: antichrist666it <seimejote_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 08:36:13 -0000

--- In netepic_at_y..., "Weasel Fierce" <weasel_fierce_at_h...> wrote:
> >Veteran Assault Marines
> >Exceptional warriors amongst the Space Marines are inducted into
the
> >prestigious First Company, where they receive additional training
in
> >all areas of warcraft. Many learn how to use the dreaded Terminator
> >suits, while others excel at other forms of fighting. All are
> >equipped to the highest standard, and they are most often seen at
the
> >forefront of the fighting. Veteran Assault Marines are considered
> >Elite units.
> >Models: Assault Marine models from the GW Space Marine sprue.
> >
> >Stats
> >MOV: 15cm
> >ARM: 6+
> >CAF: +4
> >WPN: Bolt Pistols/Chainswords
> >RNG: 25cm
> >ATT: 1
> >HIT: 5+
> >SMD: 0
> >Note: Elite
>
> Fine, but let them replace regular veterans

It's an idea...

> >Librarian
> >In battle, a Librarian uses his psychic prowess to hurl righteous
> >fire at the enemy, or to embolden the spirits of nearby friendly
> >forces. They are also one of the most valuable troops to have when
> >combating forces of Chaos, as they have certain abilities that are
> >particularly effective against d�mons, which are intrinsically
> >vulnerable to psychic attacks. Librarians are powerful Psykers, and
> >may use one of the following powers once per turn:
> >1) Destroy D�mon (Ethereal) - same of SM Librarian.
> >2) Purge Psyker (Ethereal) - same of SM Librarian.
> >3) Quickening (Ethereal) - This power is used at the start of the
> >Close Combat phase: a friendly stand within a 50cm and LoS (or the
> >Librarian himself) has his CAF doubled (up to a maximum of +10)
until
> >end of turn.
> >Models: Librarian and Tactical Marine models from the GW Space
Marine
> >sprue.
>
> A nice change. I think this one is okay, but I think it should
require a die
> roll. 3+ or maybe 2+

Yep, maybe it's better!

> >Sanguinary High Priest
> >In the Blood Angels Chapter the role of the Apothecary (Medic) is
> >filled by the Sanguinary Priests. The priests are ruled over by
> >Sanguinary High Priests who also oversee the transformation and
> >strive to find a cure for the Black Rage and the Red Thirst.
> >1) Sanguinius Chosen - Blood Angels Infantry, Cavalry and Walker
> >units within 10cm of a Sanguinary High Priest may re-roll once per
> >close combat resolution their close combat dices (the second roll
is
> >final).
>
> In 40K it only apply if the models charge that turn.

Ok, let's reword "Blood Angels Infantry, Cavalry and Walker units on
Charge orders within 10cm..."

> >Predator `Baal'
> >The Baal Predator variant tank is armed with numerous weapons noted
> >for their high rate of fire. It is designed to lay down a torrent
of
> >fire as the Blood Angels advance, and is able to mow down enemy
> >infantry and light vehicles with horrifying efficiency.
> >Models: GW metal models of the name.
> >
> >Stats
> >MOV: 25cm
> >ARM: 3+
> >CAF: +3
> >WPN: Turret Twin-linked Assault Cannon/Sponson Heavy Bolters
> >RNG: 35cm/50cm
> >ATT: 2/3
> >HIT: 3+/5+
> >SMD: 0/0
> >Note: Assault Cannon has 360� fire arc
> >

> Sponson heavy bolters on the leman russ gives 1 shot at 15 cm,
hitting on a
> 6+. Keep them equal. The assault cannon stats are fine.

The NetEpic Leman Russ doesn't have sponson Heavy Bolters... the 40k
version of it would be armed with:

Turret-mounted Battle Cannon
Hull-mounted Lascannon
Pintle-mounted Bolter