[NetEpic ML] Re: R: Let the Revision begin!!

From: stefano andreoni <ltremari_at_...>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 09:37:20 +0100

Here are my votes:

Issue #1

Infantry saves

A. Leave as is
B. Change

A with few exceptions (termy, exo armored squats etc.), perhaps a fixed save
of 5+, not better. Adding a better save make this guys more effective than
vehicules, now infantry is much better and cost effective then vehicules.
Personally I usually don't see a real vehicular presence in my games, we use
large quantities of infantry, and only super heavy/pretorians/titans, the
only exception is artillery that I find difficult to compare to vehicules.
Consider that 15 heavy IG+2 HQ+1 rhino cost 600 pts., 7 land raiders cost.
approx. 580 pts.. The IG make 30 5+ shoots at 75 cm. -1 save, approx. 10
hits, at 3+ save 3 land raiders die. Opposed 14 5+ hits give approx 5 killed
stands. What do you think will be choice?

Issue #2

Titans

A. leave as is
B. change

A, I like netepic/space marines because contrary to warhammer there are not
invincible guys, if we will make titan harder to challange they could be the
match winner I don't like to see. Now the decision to include titans in the
army is dictated by tactical consideration, not by its strenght, with the
same points I could buy somethink else, but in some particular case titans
can do better.

Issue #3

Close combat

A. leave as is
B. change

A, add +1 for charging in close combat, add overrun combat for vehicules, I
can't immagine a vehicule entering close combat as an infantry.

Stefano Andreoni