Re: [NetEpic ML] Allies

From: Albert Farr� Benet <cibernyam_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 14:40:28 +0200

Yes, you may be tempted to use the best of each, but in the end you don't. If Ravenwing was always used, was because there were no bike company for SM. If you have to choose between IG bikes or Ravenwing what would you choose?. Now, if you have the chance to choose a "general" bike company, and asuming that Ravenwing improvement will be balanced with an elevated cost, it's quite probable you will choose the cheaper bike company (unless you play DA, of course), except for special ocasion where you need Ravenwing special abilities.

In the other hand, which army is not allowed to field each and all of his best weapons? Chaos may freely (meaning with no restriction other than point costs) build an army with the best of each power, while there is something more than animosity between some powers. I wonder what would happen if orks were limited to one or two clans, and beyond that, any other clan should be taken as ally... It's true, orks usually field Weirdboy towers (at least at 4k + battles), Dragstas and other excellent troops, and if allowed Ghazkull would be in ALL battles, but there are more troops, perhaps with lower stats (and lower price too) that in the hands of a good player could overcome the abilities of the cheese smell "usual suspects".

The possibility to get the best troops doesn't automatically mean you will choose them, I could make an IG army with the best tanks and infantry, but the chances to win would be higher if I substitute some of those good tanks with (as an example) cheap, "expendable" and worthless infantry for covering purposes, or reserve functions.

Albert