RE: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] Armies & Allies

From: Vladimyr <aallen_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 20:40:26 -0500

Hey there,

> Well, yes, actually. I'd been planning on splitting up the Eldar and Orks
> into a half-dozen different army lists each, and Chaos into five or six.
> And no, I've no intention of writing it all myself, or even a significant
> portion. The Renegades book alone details five Craftworlds, and I've
> bookmarked web pages on both Dark Eldar and Exodus Eldar. That's seven
> right there. There are four major Chaos powers plus renegade warbands.
> That's five more I've got fluff for. If you want diverse Squat material I
> guess I could snag some names from Tolkein. *grin*

This sounds pretty good.

In the case of chaos there are five, but most people forget about chaos
undivided forces, and GW has moved away from them too. I sorta liked them,
but I don't have the rules handy (for 40k). As for squat stuff, I believe
Orc and Squat warlords mentions some homeworlds, and if it doesn't try
looking at the universe maps for that area (if you have them), there are a
number of homeworlds on it.

> +++++
>
> How about we split army lists into two kinds: Standard and Unique.
>
> Of course there'd be exceptions, and those would be described in
> the fluff.

I like this a LOT!! :)

> Such as Tyranids - no one can ally with them, Eldar could only ally when
> facing Chaos, Ork Clans can ally if there's a Warlord present, and so on.

I'd let Eldar ally against Chaos and Tyranid, but that's probably something
for polls or further discussion later on.

Overall, I think this is an excellent idea.

MrFLibble