Re: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0]Salamanders

From: Jarreas Underwood <jarreas_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 09:03:01 -0400

Cool - lots less to argue against here.

>Salamanders are extremely dogged and stubborn. To reflect this, a
Salamanders player may decide that the game continues for a single turn
even if his opponent has the required number of victory points to win.

I *like* this - I've lost on VPs but been in a better position so many
times it's not even funny.

>The heavy gravity of the Salamanders' homeworld, Nocturne, makes
Salamanders strong but also slow. Salamanders infantry stands without jump
packs move only 1,5 times their normal move when charging (eg. 15cm).

I dunno - all Space Marines come from human genetic stock, and 40,000 years
just isn't enough on the evolutionary scale to slow them down. And I don't
know *any* sergeant that'd put up with substandard scores on the 3-mile run!

>Salamanders player may replace tactical marine detachments in his battle
companies with flamer marine detachments.

That works, too.

>Instead of Mind Blast Salamanders librarians have a power called Fury of
the Salamander. The power creates a monstrous spectral salamander which
moves 3d6cm in a straight line away from the librarian at a direction
chosen by the Salamanders player. Any model (friend or foe) in its path is
hit on 4+ with a TSM of 0. Since this is a physical manifestation of the
spirit of the salamander, psychic saves do not apply but normal saves do. A
detachment losing one or more models to the attack must make an immediate
morale check.

A little powerful at first glance, but with a max range of 18 I won't worry
about it - nice image, too!

>NEW UNITS
>Predator Salamander

Perhaps a Hellhound Company instead of Land Raider Company?

>PROHIBITED ARMY CARDS
>Assault Companies

Why? If the answer's fluff, I don't have a problem. If it's the speed thing
above, I do. If you're looking for a Chapter disadvantage, I don't think
this one's appropriate, or strong enough. Perhaps they need to be winning
on VP's for two turns in a row? I dunno, and I gotta run.
-Yar