Re: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] White Scars proposal summary

From: Jarreas Underwood <jarreas_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 08:38:22 -0400

>2) White Scars bikes may enter woods and rough terrain on charge orders.

I seem to misunderstand something here - I though *anyone* could enter
woods on Charge Orders. What kind of unit you were determined how far you
could go. Otherwise, nothing besides infantry coule *ever* fight in the
woods - and that's just wrong. We've been playing around here that cavalry
& vehicles can move through woods on Charge orders - they simply suffer the
movement reduction.

>PROBLEMS:
>Terminator transport. The Land Raiders are IMO too slow and heavy for a
White Scars force.

When the LRC was first proposed there was no background or justification
for it - it was just another extra, suped-up unit created for the express
purpose of making a specific chapter more attractive to play and buy models
for. Sorry - that last bit slipped out from habit. I'm used to using that
arguement against GW, not Net Epic. In any case, that's why I voted against
it.

Now, however, I've got a bit more of an idea on the army limitations. No
devastators, no Vindicators and no light artillery at all. Personally, I'm
inclined to give 'em a speed-25 Land Raider with 3+ armor. It fits right in
with the flavor of the chapter.
-Yar