[NetEpic ML] Re: thoughts

From: Daniel Wiebell <dwiebell_at_...>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 18:58:56 PST

>Why not just assume that the tank crew use frag shells or something rather
>than hi-ex when targetting infantry? Lascannons could just be set to a
>lowpower 'pulse' mode for targetting infantry too - it's one thing to dumb
>the game down to Epic40k levels, but we CAN go too far the other way...

There is no low power pulse mode. Check every single version of every GW
game. Even Necromunda, which gave EVERY size of plasma weapon two settings,
and had every possible nitpicking rule, still stated lascannons were
unpopular because of their inability to affect large numbers of enemy. There
are some weapons that are simply shit against infantry. Even HE rounds from
a tank aren't as effective as the coaxial machine gun on the turret.

That's my two cents.

Dan