[NetEpic ML] Banelord

From: Thomas Lawson <kurmark_at_...>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 02:23:09 -0600

> Of course the real argument is how much the banelord weapons suck..and
there I
> agree more pep need be put into the banelord, its the lord of mayhem and
blood
> isnt it?

It was the Banelord that made me think GW must test their games on a 50cm by
50cm table. The weapons are horribly short-ranged. This is understandable
though since it is Khorne and it isn't exactly honorable to waste your
opponent from a safe distance. What the Banelord needs is something that
makes it harder to kill or something that makes it better for CC. Not being
able to put him on First Fire really is a downfall so something needs to be
changed or the Banelord will only be taken reluctantly in 10,000 point
games.

My idea is to give the Banelord a triple charge range or give it an inherent
CC on the run ability such as is in the Titan experience section. The
current weapon loadout is practically useless and the Banelord should be
great for charging and CC....but it isn't.