RE: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] Dark Angels - new units

From: <nils.saugen_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 09:59:38 +0200

See my comments below

-----Original Message-----
From: jyrki.saari_at_nokia.com [mailto:jyrki.saari@...]
Sent: 26. juni 2002 09:51
To: netepic_at_yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] Dark Angels - new units

[snip]

> Deathwing HQ units + Ravenwing HQ units
[snap]

These would, in effect, triple the number of special HQ units. Isn't that a
bit much?

> +++
>
> Ravenwing Attack Bike
> Ravenwing Attack Bikes are fitted with Multi-Melta and are used to
> destroy the heavily armored targets that the weapons fitted to the
> Ravenwing Company's bikes and Land Speeders can't damage. They are
> usually deployed near to bikes, but are sometimes fielded in separate
> squadrons if the enemy is expected to field a large number of
> vehicles.
> Models: GW's metal Attack Bike models.
>
> Stats
> MOV: 30
> SAV: 6+ fixed
> CAF: +3
> WPN: Multi-Melta
> RNG: 25cm
> ATK: 1
> HIT: 3+
> TSM: -2
> Notes:

There are no attack bikes in the Net Epic Ravenwing. Would this be a new
support card? Or do you propose changing one of the Land Speeder detachments
in the company card to Attack Bike detachment?

----> I vote to keep them out of the ravenwing, their role is to support the
ravenwing when it is faceing heavily armoured opponents

> +++
>
> Master of the Ravenwing on bike
[snip]

I think one Master of Ravenwing is enough and personally I prefer the Land
Speeder riding one. Especially since the Master is an integral part of the
company.

> Master of the Ravenwing on Land Speeder
> The Master of the Ravenwing sometimes rides a weird-ass Land Speeder,
> armed with twin-linked Assault Cannons and twin-linked Heavy Bolters.
> He is considered an HQ, Skimmer, Elite and Fearless unit.
> � Hero - Any Imperial formation within 10cm of the Master of the
> Ravenwing receive a +1 to Morale checks.
> Models: GW plastic or metal models of the name.
>
> Stats
> MOV: 30
> SAV: 5+ fixed
> CAF: +5
> WPN: Twin-linked Assault Cannon/Twin-linked Heavy Bolter
> RNG: 35cm/50cm
> ATK: 2/2
> HIT: 3+/4+
> TSM: 0/0
> Notes: HQ, Skimmer, Elite, Hero, Fearless

I take it you didn't like the proposal in the original post? ;) That's the
third suggestion for Master so far.

> +++

[snap]

> +++
>
> Ravenwing Land Speeder
> Ravenwing Land Speeders are fitted with fairly long-ranged weapons,
> so they can stand off and fire at the enemy while the Company's bike
> and attack bike squadrons press home the attack. Land Speeders are
> considered Skimmers.
> Models: GW plastic or metal models of the name.
>
> Stats
> MOV: 30
> SAV: 6+ fixed
> CAF: +3