Re: [v5.0]Marine revision part n: the final scraps

From: antichrist666it <seimejote_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 17:44:17 -0000

Just one proposal, about Assault Marines.

All assault detachments and companies should be bought WITHOUT any
transport at all... the major reason is that 10 jump-packed marines
do not fit into a Rhino, and are more tactically flexible without
vehicles.

+++My proposals+++

Assault Marines detachment
6 Assault Marines stands
BP - 3, Morale - 2, Points - 200, VP - 2

Assault Marines Company
3 det (6 Assault Marines stands each)
H! (Assault Captain)
BP - 9, Morale - 2, Points - 600, VP - 6

Bear in mind that (fluff at hand) Assault Marines are _always_
deployed to a planet in one of two ways: Drop Pods or Thunderhawks,
and this should IMHO be reflected in NetEpic too.

--- In netepic_at_y..., <jyrki.saari_at_n...> wrote:

> There are a few things left to do before the marine book v5.0 beta
can be wrapped up and you'll get rid of me.

> -Point costs. To save time, I ask the following questions:
>
> 1) Are there any Space Marine units which are underpriced?
>
> 2) Are there any Space Marine units which are overpriced?
>
> Please, if you haven't done so already, go and take a look at the
Yar's proposals to get some food for thought. They can be found in
the "files" section of our group.