Re: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] Space Wolves - new units

From: Weasel Fierce <weasel_fierce_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 16:29:23 +0000

>- Courage of Russ (Ethereal) - The Rune Priest instils vivid images
>of Leman Russ in the minds of nearby Space Wolves, goading them into
>acts of extreme valour: all Space Wolves units within 15cm are immune
>to Morale checks and may re-roll their close combat dices (the second
>roll is final). The power lasts until end of turn.

>- Wolf Howl (Ethereal) - The Rune Priest utters a loud and haunting
>howl which strikes terror into the hearts of his enemies: all enemy
>detachments within 15cm must make an immediate Morale check, those
>failing receive a -2 penalty to their CAF until end of turn. Units
>that ignore Morale checks are unaffected by the Wolf Howl.
>- Fangs of Fenris (Ethereal) - Shadowy shapes appear around the Rune
>Priest, and can be vaguely discerned as the great wolves of Fenris,
>the Space Wolves home planet. These huge beasts charge the enemy and
>rip them to pieces. The Rune Priest selects a target within 25cm,
>this unit is attacked by the shadow-wolves: fight a close combat
>immediately, the wolves have a CAF of +5. If the wolves destroy their
>target then the Rune Priests selects another within 5cm of the last
>target, fight another close combat against the new target (second and
>subsequent targets gain the additional d6 for being secondary
>attackers). This will continue until a close combat is drawn or lost
>by the shadow-wolves, who will then dissipate into the realm from
>which they were summoned. The wolves are not substantial beings and
>cannot be shot at by troops on First Fire orders.

I dont like this.... with a +5 entire IG tactical platoon can disappear from
a single power. Even with 25 cm. range, lower the CAF

>Stats
>MOV: 10cm
>SAV: 6+
>CAF: +5
>WPN: Thunder Hammer
>RNG: -
>ATK: -
>HIT: -
>TSM: -
>Notes: HQ, Mechanic

Just rename him. In 40K3 Any techmarine can havea thunder hammer

>Wolf Lord
>This unit represents the supreme commander of the Space Wolves
>Chapter, and is considered an HQ and Elite unit.
>- Hero - Any Imperial formation within 10cm of the Wolf Lord receive
>a +1 to Morale checks.
>- Tactics - Due to the vast tactical experience accumulated, the Wolf
>Lord may use one of two special abilities once per turn:
>1) Forced March - All Imperial units within 10cm of the Wolf Lord
>receive a +5 cm to the base move (+10 cm if the unit has Charge
>orders).
>2) Tactical Genius - All unmoved Imperial units within 10cm may shift
>their given orders one "category" in either direction along the
>following progression: Charge-Advance-First Fire.
>Example: If a nearby unit is on Advance orders, the unit may shift to
>either First Fire or Charge orders (units on Charge and First Fire
>orders can only shift to Advance).
>Models: Biker models from the GW Space Marine sprue, 2-3 to a stand.
>
>Stats (NOTE: the Wolf Lord is bike-mounted)
>MOV: 30cm
>SAV: 6+
>CAF: +7
>WPN: Twin-linked Bolters/Frost Blade
>RNG: 15cm
>ATK: 2
>HIT: 5+
>TSM: 0
>Notes: HQ, Elite, Hero, Tactics

Why 15 cm range ?

>Fenrisian Wolves
>Very BIG wolves from the Space Wolves home planet Fenris. Scary.
>Models: Flesh Hounds?
>
>Stats
>MOV: 30cm
>SAV: -
>CAF: +3
>WPN: Jaws
>RNG: -
>ATK: -
>HIT: -
>TSM: -
>Notes:
>
>Special card, substitutes SM Chapter Master (Wolf Lord+1 Fenris
>Wolves stand_at_100pts)
>
>Special card, substitutes SW Wolf Priest (Wolf Priest+1 Fenris Wolves
>stand_at_100pts)

Wolves do not run as fast as tanks....Lower the move and they'd be cool

>Venerable Dreadnought
>Space Wolves Dreadnoughts spend most of their time in sleep beneath
>the Fang and are only awakened when they are needed in battle. During
>such times, the Iron Priests descend into the crypts and choose the
>strongest Dreadnought for the coming conflict. Venerable Dreadnoughts
>are considered HQ and Elite units.
>- Hero - Any Imperial formation within 10cm of a Venerable
>Dreadnought receive a +1 to Morale checks.
>Models: New metal Dreadnought models of the GW.
>
>Stats
>MOV: 10cm
>SAV: 4+
>CAF: +5
>WPN: Assault Cannon/Storm Bolter
>RNG: 35cm/35cm
>ATK: 2/2
>HIT: 4+/4+
>TSM: 0/-1
>Notes: HQ, Elite, Hero
>
>Special card (Venerable Dreadnought_at_75pts)

I like. :)

>Leman Russ `Exterminator'
>The Leman Russ is generally only used by the Imperial Guard, but in
>recognition of their Primarch, the Space Wolves have a handful of
>Leman Russ Exterminators in their inventory. The Leman Russ
>Exterminator is a common variant of the basic Leman Russ tank design.
>Instead of a Battle Cannon, the tank carries a turret with a twin-
>linked Autocannon which is capable of laying down a withering hail of
>fire.
>Models: GW metal models of the name.
>
>Stats
>MOV: 20cm
>SAV: 3+
>CAF: +2
>WPN: Turret Twin-linked Autocannon/Hull+Sponson Heavy Bolters
>RNG: 75cm/50cm
>ATK: 1/3
>HIT: 4+/5+
>TSM: -1/0
>Notes:

The sponson bolters should be comparable to the regular leman russ since
they are the same. So..give it one tank bolter attack. (15 cm, 6+)

Give the turret gun 3 attacks to give it the "hail of fire" effect

Weasel

How many lives will be taken today?
How many times will we just look away?

Pennywise - One voice