RE: [NetEpic ML] Re: [v5.0] Exodites

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 08:33:46 +0300

That's what I have been thinking of. My idea about them is a kind of feudal society (surprise!) with a combination of high-tech and wood elf type troops.

Short summary: when the exodites chose worlds to settle they were usually those where the terraforming process had recently been completed. Those world shared a remarkably similar ecosystem which is probably explained by the terraforming process. The exodites decided to live with the nature rather than try to control it too much as in their opinion an excessive dependence of technology was one of the seeds for the fall. They used their psychic powers to communicate and, eventually, form bonds with the reptiles inhabiting the planets. In time, distinct groups emerged, namely those who shared a bond with the same kind of animal and so the clans were born.

The clans of a single planet are organized into a loose empire ruled by (insert eldarish title for a high king here). There are different kinds of clans like, for example, sky dragon clan (Pterasaur type monster), earth dragon clan (some large saurian, possibly with the ability to breathe fire), plainsrunner clan (raptor type saurian) etc. The royal clan would be the one with the knights. Each clan would still possess normal technology, like falcons, war walkers and the like, but these should IMO be support cards. One distinct difference (aside from the animals) to the craftworld Eldar is the lack of aspect warriors, since the exodites do not follow the Eldar path; their hard and disciplined lives mean they have no need for it.

The exodite seers should IMO be modeled somewhat after the druids in a certain popular fantasy RPG (eg. with nature affecting powers).

Rough organization sketch:

Clans: Company cards; includes defender host type infantry companies and others transported by saurians.

Vehicles, superheavies etc: support cards.

Royal clan (knights): special cards.

> -Yar

Jyrki Saari