Re: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] Optional material

From: Zerloon <zerloon_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 20:38:52 +0200

At 15.52 11/07/2002 +0000, you wrote:
>I was talking to a gentleman last night and he suggested putting in
>some of the famous battles of the 40K history into Net Epic. Like the
>Isstvan V massacre, the seige of the Imperial Palace, the first &
>second Armageddon (I think they're on the third right now) and so on.
>What're people's opinions of that, what battles should be included
>and is anyone willing to write some up?
>
>The whole point is to make the Epic universe tie into the 40K
>universe so that the regular 40K players might actually be interested
>in making the switch and joining our ranks. The more tie-ins we have
>the more likely they are to be interested in playing Epic:Armageddon,
>and thus making GW more money. If we put the "play Epic and spend
>money on GW models" spin on things we ought to get at least nominal
>GW approval. Opinions?
>-Yar

For me all the Fluff are well accepted, but I see no need of a GW approval.
First in the GW site there are a link about the epicentre, so they are
aware of us and don't disagree.
Second I personally don't want to say anyone to buy GW models, I want only
play, and if my friend would use mini of another store or simple counter, I
don't mind.
Last I think that Epic IS tie to 40k, they share the same background, so a
story told on 40k is the same in Epic.

Zerloon