Re: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] Optional material

From: <jarreas_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 15:13:43 -0400

>First in the GW site there are a link about the epicentre, so they are aware
of us and don't disagree.

That link leads to the old Epicenter site on Geocities - I've emailed people
about it, and I hope it'll get updated.

>Second I personally don't want to say anyone to buy GW models, I want only
play

I'm not saying we should become a GW promoter, either. I've had too many bad
experiences with them to be able to do that with a straight face or a clear
conciense. I'll be contributing to the proxy list as soon as I get around to
borrowing a digital camera.

>Last I think that Epic IS tie to 40k, they share the same background, so a
story told on 40k is the same in Epic.

As far as I know, none of the army books have ever had more than a paragraph
or two (ok, three for Chaos) written about them. Descriptions of some
historical battles would both tie Net Epic to the established 40K universe,
and make Net Epic more instant-gratification-friendly. I'm asking for
opinions, suggestions on battles to include, and volunteers to write up the
description and forces on each side.
-Yar