Re: [NetEpic ML] Tyranid Cards clarification

From: peter cornwell <petecorn_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 14:22:55 +1000

While we're on the subject of Tyranid cards,

I'm just wondering - what the reasoning was behind the removal
of the orders cards?

Was the Tyranid army not powerful enough under the old rules?

Because doesn't their elimination make the Tyranids a fair bit more
powerful?
I don't have the old Tyranid rules, or a usable Tyranid army yet, but in
Netepic
it looks like each turn you can give orders to more swarms and
effectively pick up more hive mind cards (because you'll pick them up
every turn, instead of sometimes getting only orders cards ).
Also, in the old rules the power of a good hand of hive mind cards would
be offset by the fact that you picked them up at the expense of more orders
cards. ie if you have a great hand of hive mind powers, your army would be
more likely to be running out of control.

I know this is probably an ancient debate - but I'd be really interested in
hearing
briefly the jist of what that debate was.

Peter Cornwell