Re:Homemade Bases

From: peter cornwell <petecorn_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 00:46:47 +1000

Maksim-Smelchak wrote:

> I thought I'd mention to the sqaure base people that it's not so hard
> to make square bases. Just drill 1/8" (One eighth of an inch) holes
> into a GW 20mm base (they come with slots or bases) and you have
> approximately the same base with a little more height on it. There
> used to be an article somewhere on the NetEpic site about making
> custom bases.I found the article. It is at: http://www.netepic.org/
> under the articles section of the NetEpic 4 area. The article is
> called "How to make your own bases" by Ron DuBray. You can make any
> shape you want now!Keep drilling,Maksim-Smelchak.

Thanks for the thought Maksim,

I do know about that article - and I've been making my own bases based
on it - so thanks too to Ron DuBray
(even if he's not still on this list). It requires alot of fiddly
drilling and I've had a fair bit of wastage
but I've done quite a few. The corners are fine, but drilling that
middle hole can just tear the whole
thing appart! I notice in the article that he only has four holes - ie.
four troops per stand - so I don't
think I'm alone in this problem. Maybe I'll surrender and just stick
them on plasticard without drilling
holes next time. Once flocked they should look fine anyway. The taller
GW bases would be fine if
the rest of my army was on them too.

Peter Cornwell