[NetEpic ML] Re: Flyer rules random thoughts

From: Tzeentch <tzeentch666_at_...>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 14:07:30 -0800

Hey, I like models as much as the next NetEpic dork but remember that new
players entering the hobby will have a hard time acquiring models, and flyer
models were never exactly overflowing store shelves.

I have no problem keeping them off the board entirely. But if we
institutionalize model substitution then I have no prob with having the
models flying around the board, as ridiculous as that is (everyone seems to
agree an Epic "turn" is a period of time about 10-30 minutes long). I see no
particular advantage to keeping them on the table top proper except when
figuring strafing runs.

Ken
"If John Doe's head splits open and a U.F.O flies out, I want you to have
expected it."
     -Somerset, 'Seven'

"Wanting people to pay attention, you can't just tap them on the shoulder
anymore. You have to hit them in the head with a sledgehammer. Then, you
have their strict attention"
     -John Doe, 'Seven'

From: Peter Ramos <pramos2_at_...>
Hi!

I have been thinking a lot about flyer rules thelast couple of days. The
main reasom being the opinions expressed on this list. The one that really
got me thinking was not having our precious flyer minins on the tabletop.
This is an often negleted thing in gaming, but isnt it the reason we play
miniatures and not board games? After all half the pleasure of gaming is to
see the product of our labor, the painted mini gloriously take its place on
the table. The other reason was to eliminate rules cluter and have a flyer
phase integrated into the normal combat phase. Finally, for the sccale we
are playing I wanted something simple, as long as strafing and air combat is
represented we dont need elaborate rules.

Here are some thoughts on some rules for net epic. In fact a version of
these rules (if not exactly the same thing) are being written into the
Heresy rules.

Flyer Rules.
<snip>