[NetEpic ML] Re: Revision Possibility: SCALING

From: Tzeentch <tzeentch666_at_...>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 14:59:34 -0800

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
> O.K. This all sounds really nice, but the point of the revision and whole
> purpose of NetEpic is being lost here. NetEpic is basically a revamp of
> the original SM/TL game that was so pouplar and fun to play. Radical
> changes of the system like the one proposed here are NOT what is a needed.

I agree, I just had a brainstorm and threw the idea out there :) You have to
write this stuff down as the inspiration strikes you. I currently working on
a manuscript I'm going to submit to a game company and believe me, if you
don't write the stuff down as soon as possible you WILL forget what you were
trying to do :)

> Sure, its a great idea. But the basic mechanics of the game should remain
> relatively unchanged. I don't want to radically overhaul the basic
> mechanics. Leave the basic game play as it is. We need some simple and
> abstract enhancements to improve realism here. Sure, they won't work for
> everything but at least they will enhance the original game rather than
> radically alter it.

Agreed. Epic works pretty good as it is.

> Keep this idea Tzeench. It IS excellent but not what is needed. Perhaps
> we can use it for NetEpic Deluxe or we could write a generic Epic-scale
> wargame using this mechanic. But my vote is against this kind of radical
> change (no offense).

None taken :) I'll probably be using this in my Legionnaire system I'm
redoing from the ground up (for those old hands who remember my original
system most of it mutated into sections of Heresy).

And we already have a new radical general epic-scale wargame. It's called
"Heresy" :)

Ken
"If John Doe's head splits open and a UFO flies out, I want you to have
expected it."
     -Somerset, 'Seven'

"Wanting people to pay attention, you can't just tap them on the shoulder
anymore. You have to hit them in the head with a sledgehammer. Then, you
have their strict attention"
     -John Doe, 'Seven'