[NetEpic ML] Re: Revision Possibility: SCALING

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 09:28:53 +1100

At 11:14 PM 12/16/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Well, I love D6s as much as the next guy. But why not move to either a 2D6
>based system or a D10 based on for the next version? It would help spread
>out the curve of dice rolls.
>
>Or alternately we could introduce Scaling. Yes that's right. Infantry would
>use 1D6, Light Vehicles 2D6, Heavy Vehicles 4D6 and Titans 5D6+.

<Snip interesting and realistic system>

O.K. This all sounds really nice, but the point of the revision and whole
purpose of NetEpic is being lost here. NetEpic is basically a revamp of
the original SM/TL game that was so pouplar and fun to play. Radical
changes of the system like the one proposed here are NOT what is a needed.
Sure, its a great idea. But the basic mechanics of the game should remain
relatively unchanged. I don't want to radically overhaul the basic
mechanics. Leave the basic game play as it is. We need some simple and
abstract enhancements to improve realism here. Sure, they won't work for
everything but at least they will enhance the original game rather than
radically alter it.

Keep this idea Tzeench. It IS excellent but not what is needed. Perhaps
we can use it for NetEpic Deluxe or we could write a generic Epic-scale
wargame using this mechanic. But my vote is against this kind of radical
change (no offense).

-Kelvin....

         "Of course I'm paranoid!
       Everyone's trying to kill me."