Re: [v5.0] IG revision: before we start

From: antichrist666it <seimejote_at_...>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 08:38:18 -0000

--- In netepic_at_y..., <jyrki.saari_at_n...> wrote:
> There are a few things to consider. I'll generate a poll about
these but I'd still want to hear opinions about these.

> 1) The command Rhinos. IMO IG infantry company commanders should
have Chimeras. However, if the Rhinos are removed IG players are
going to have a bunch of useless Rhinos sitting around and the
additional problem of actually getting the Chimeras from somewhere.

Agree. Give them Chimeras

> 2) Predator and Vindicator. Officially these are Marine tanks.
However, if these are removed from IG army list quite a few IG
commanders would be disgruntled.

Agree.

> 3) Over time there have been a number of new tanks released for IG.
Proposals can be found here:
http://www.netepic.org/Articles/new_units.htm. Should any of these be
adopted?

Absolutely yes! :)

> 4) There have also been suggestions for the different regiments. Do
you think any of them should be adopted? The suggestions can be found
from the Files section of our group:
20units%20and%20rules/. Take a look at the following files: SPECIAL
REGIMENTS.doc (Cadians, Catachans, Mordians, Tallarns, Valhallans)
and Storm troopers.rtf (self explanatory).

I've some suggestions as well... Definitely yes, different regiments
for IG are like different chapters for SM.

> GW has also introduced a number of new regiments since, for which
there has been no proposals (Death Korps of Krieg, Armageddon Ork
Hunters, Savlar Chem-Dogs and Elysian Drop Troops).

I'll make some rules here and there... =)

> Note that in all probability all of these proposals need some work;
the question is whether that work is worth the trouble or not.