RE: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] IG revision: before we start

From: Eivind Borgeteien <eivind.borgeteien_at_...>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 20:28:04 +0200

Hi!

Godd to see thing get going here again!

My comments below

-----Original Message-----
From: jyrki.saari_at_... [mailto:jyrki.saari@...]
Sent: 7. august 2002 15:21
To: netepic_at_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] IG revision: before we start

There are a few things to consider. I'll generate a poll about these but I'd
still want to hear opinions about these.

1) The command Rhinos. IMO IG infantry company commanders should have
Chimeras. However, if the Rhinos are removed IG players are going to have a
bunch of useless Rhinos sitting around and the additional problem of
actually getting the Chimeras from somewhere.

----------->I think the commanders should keep their rihnos. When the rest
of the army is slow the commanders should be able to get where they are
needed the most ASAP. And of course, there is the availability issue

2) Predator and Vindicator. Officially these are Marine tanks. However, if
these are removed from IG army list quite a few IG commanders would be
disgruntled.

----> Lets keep them in.

3) Over time there have been a number of new tanks released for IG.
Proposals can be found here: http://www.netepic.org/Articles/new_units.htm.
Should any of these be adopted?

--------> Yes! But only as optional units.

4) There have also been suggestions for the different regiments. Do you
think any of them should be adopted? The suggestions can be found from the
Files section of our group:
0and%20rules/. Take a look at the following files: SPECIAL REGIMENTS.doc
(Cadians, Catachans, Mordians, Tallarns, Valhallans) and Storm troopers.rtf
(self explanatory).

GW has also introduced a number of new regiments since, for which there has
been no proposals (Death Korps of Krieg, Armageddon Ork Hunters, Savlar
Chem-Dogs and Elysian Drop Troops).

Note that in all probability all of these proposals need some work; the
question is whether that work is worth the trouble or not.

----------> Lets work on them and include them as optional units.

Anything else? Feel free to speak up.

--------> Not that I can think of now.

Eivind