Re: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] attacks into Close Combat

From: darius spano <dmanspano_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 19:34:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,
We don't fire into close combats. After CC is done we
allow for a 5cm follow up for winners of the CC.
Usually it puts you into CC for the next turn. If
there is no one within 5cm to follow up on then you
are fair game in CC.
Rolling a 2nd to hit die sounds good but it does make
for more dice, more saves and will slow the game up.
Chaos, orks and Tyranids should be the only races to
do this. Unless, your perimeter is overun and you call
in a strike on yourself to destroy the enemy. This is
an option buthow would this be resolved, both command
wise and logistically (do all barrageing units drop
their barrages on an area and leaf them together?).
Example: Objective 1 is being overun. If we don't stop
them they will press forward onto Objective 2. What do
you do? Blow objective 1 to pieces hoping to damage
the enemy since you troops are dead meat anyway!!! I
could live with a rule like that. "If you can't
beat'em bust 'em up!"
Darius