Re: [OT] Wiz Kids Mech Warrior is a great game!

From: <jarreas_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 09:32:51 -0400

I beg differ. $90 into mechs and all but one is an agromech. If that's any
indication of the amount of money needed to get anywhere descent mechs, forget
it.

Second objection: any tabletop wargame using range that *requires* players to
regularly pick up their models simply *oozes* possibilities for cheating. I've
seen people pick up their Mage Knight figures, click a point of damage and
place it two inches from where it was. "Oh, was that two clicks?" and do it
again.

Third: Yes, this one's more of an opinion, but I started with Battletech back
with the Warhammer-covered box and the paper fold-over figures. The game died
with Clan weapons ("called shot to the head, you're dead, your turn") and the
mechanics haven't gotten better with Wiz Kids.

*gets down off soapbox* Sorry - Battletech is a great system and it's gone
through some really tough times and business manipulations. I had high hopes
for this new edition