Re: [OT] Wiz Kids Mech Warrior is a great game!

From: <jarreas_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 09:46:59 -0400

I beg differ. $90 into mechs and all but one are moronic agromechs. If that's
any indication of the money needed to get some descent mechs, forget it. This
was at a reasonably large convention and *nobody* was getting anything good.

Second objection: Any tabletop game that uses range between models *and*
requires players to pick up their models on a regular basis, is just *oozing*
opportunities for cheating. I've seen Mage Knight players pick up a model,
take a click of damage and put it down an inch from where it was. "Oh, it was
two clicks of damage?" and do it again. It's a nice solution to needing record
sheets, but game mechanics that are inherently unstable do not impress me.

Third: This one's more of an opinion. Battletech's a great system for
styilized giant robot combat, and it's been through some rough business
manipulations. IMHO the game went under with Clan technology ("called shot to
the head, that mech's dead, your turn") and I had some high hopes for Wiz
Kids. Personally, I've been disappointed.

Let's move this to the battletech mailing list, k?
-Yar