Re: [NetEpic ML] Titan battle group

From: <jarreas_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 18:15:48 -0400

> >Now, my 1st suggestion is simple, keep TBG but
> make that a SPECIAL card
> >that take TWO slot, in this manner this should
> keep TBG only for large battle.

You may wish to read the Titan Legions Army Book on the Yahoo website - it now
requires a Titan Legion Codex army to take battle groups.

> >2nd: I don't understand why tree Titan MUST
> have the same weapons, keep the
> >"one chassis free" and let weapons choose up
> to the player.

The titans forming a battle group have never been required to be identical.
Look at the example titans in the TL Army Book.

> >3rd: The composition of TBG, we should keep
> the same of the old Journal, so
> >for example Eldar should have 1 Warlock and 2
> Phantom, not 3 phantom.

Ok. I don't really care - I play Imperial and rather like a variety of targets
to blow to smithereens. *grin* Of course, Net Epic is starting to diverge
rather strongly from the Games Workshop "mainline" history - see the receint
timeline, for example. I see no reason for staying with something just because
'that's the way it's always been.' Show me some well-written fluff and you've
got me convinced, though.

> >4th: Ork big mob, isn't very clear, why I
> should take a two great and one
> >slasha when I can take tree great at the same
> cost?

As I remember, greats have a belly gun and slashas move a good deal faster -
player choice and pick to fit the battle (slashas for city fights, greats for
long-range artillery duels). When we get to reviewing Orks I wouldn't mind
equalizing the two.
-Yar