Re: [NetEpic ML] Titan battle group

From: Stephane Montabert <kotrin_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 15:08:24 -0000

TBG is very powerful... If opponent isn't properly tooled for the job.

I suggest the following:

- TBG shouldn't be limited by the "same weapon" rule. Big beasts like
them should be customized, as I even doubt there are two identical
titans in the whole Adeptus Mechanicus. Many of those things are
millenia old...

- TBG, if allowed, should simply feature the LESS EXPENSIVE CHASSIS
for free. Therefore TBG of various titan types could be easily
computed.

- All titans should feature a chassis cost and weapon cost. For
example a 850 pts titan would be defined as 500 chassis + 350
weapons. What is the chassis cost and weapon cost in the 900 pts
Banelord ? This computation would allow a better discount for fixed
weapon TBG (gargant mobs).

- TBG counts as a company AND a special card (i.e., no special cards
for TBG companies). Or even a company and two special cards, forcing
you to purchase another company ? I can hardly imagine a titan-only
army. Or maybe TBG should be a single special card...
Anyway, I don't like the company type for them.

Kotrin

>Now, my 1st suggestion is simple, keep TBG but make that a SPECIAL
card
> >that take TWO slot, in this manner this should keep TBG only for
large battle.
> >2nd: I don't understand why tree Titan MUST have the same weapons,
keep the
> >"one chassis free" and let weapons choose up to the player.
> >3rd: The composition of TBG, we should keep the same of the old
Journal, so